- 1 Policy proposal:No deletion of improved versions of images
- 2 North Brabant flag
- 3 Lister over gårder i Oppland (Lists of farms in Oppland)
- 4 ping
- 5 Pitcairn Arms
- 6 Molens
- 7 File:Gunstein Bakke.jpg
- 8 File:Knut Sprauten 2013-01-15 05.jpg
- 9 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
- 10 Situation out of control
- 11 Webm
- 12 Vœux
Policy proposal:No deletion of improved versions of images
Hi noorse. You may be interested in this: Commons:Village pump/Policy proposal:No deletion of improved versions of images. pfctdayelise (translate?) 00:55, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
North Brabant flag
Can you provide a link to the troublesome template? It sounds like a possible bug in SVG rendering, or I dunno... hopefully we can fix it (it's weird that there's no problem with the PNG, though). Thanks pfctdayelise (translate?) 01:30, 12 March 2006 (UTC)
- There was no problem with the png because it was in 2 different versions - one with border and one without a border... Why does these people continue to create work for others? Why not create something that works without add-ons and extra templates all the times? This time it might be fixed - who'll fix it the next time, and the time after that - possibly on different wiki's? All we need to do is two flags, one with border and one without border... Noorse 01:25, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
Lister over gårder i Oppland (Lists of farms in Oppland)
Articles which parallel a Norwegian Wikipeda series on Lists of farms in Oppland have been proposed for deletion; the Norwegian series is no: Kategori:Lister over gårder i Oppland. I believe that such material has both historical and genealogical value, but as always will support the position of the Wikimajority. If you have an opinion for or against deletion, I’d appreciate your commentary on en:Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Lists of farms in Oppland. You’re welcome either in favor or against deletion. Tusen takk - Williamborg 9. mai 2006 kl.02:54 (UTC)
I saw your comment on the image talk page. I'm afraid I have to disagree with the comparison to the CIA because the CIA flags often have incorrect coloration (cf this link at World Flag Database)---I changed the coloration to the Pantone list suggested at British flag colours using the Royal Navy's list of Pantone (with Commmons' own appropriate Print -> RGB approximations). With respect to the Pitcairn Office website, I would rather not base a vector image off an image with high compression loss, as evident on the main image and as well as the Philatelic Bureau icon.
If it is just a matter of the helmet's lining, I will fix that. Do you mind telling me specifically what is wrong with the SVG?
Thanks, Yaddah 21:56, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- Hi there, it was discussed mainly on the no-wiki no:Diskusjon:Pitcairnøyene under Flagg og våpen. The sites quoted there are:
- CIA was brought into it when another user said he didn't trust the site of the islands, and Vexilla Mundi as an example of how the commons coa / flag got wrong.
- The gest of the discussion, and my main problem with the .svg's at commons, is that people here seem to be more interested in converting stuff to cartoonesque images than converting correctly. It seems there is no research or check - everyting is ok as long as it is in .svg format. Until this is under controle, commons is, as far as I'm concerned, not to be trusted as a source for flags and coats of arms.
- The errors mentioned are the red colour in the coa and the shape of a part of the helmet
- Written at User_talk:Pfctdayelise#From_dynamic_to_static.3F (Bold added to emphasize the part appliccable to this discussion.)
- Yes and no... Since the introduction of the galleries I find it harder and harder to find anything here. When we'd normally have discovered duplicate images due to the categorization, we now upload new as we can't find the old ones. :( I just feel more and more like giving commons up. Today I found an erraneous comicstrip coa which had been cut from a .svg flag - which also was wrong. And there was no older image... What is happening? I tagged the erraneous coa for deletion, but left the flag in as it was the only one. Image talk:Flag of the Pitcairn Islands.svg, Image talk:Coat of Arms of the Pitcairn Islands.svg and Image talk:Pitcairn coa.png. Sorry to keep sighing about this, but it worries me. regards talk to noorse at no: :)12:32, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- P.S. there are often a lot more files available than it seems, due to bad categorization in the first place...
- So... Much text, but I hope you understand a bit of the problems. These problems were originally brought to my attention by nl:gebruiker:Quistnix / user:Quistnix btw. Noorse 11:44, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
- Hi thanks for replying. No need to apologise for the length of the reply; I myself have a weakness for verbosity (grammar?) and I apologise too if this reply is too long :D
- Of the sites mentioned above I would take World Flag Database as a reliable authority on British-pattern flags since that site's owner also writes the official British flag manuals (list of official publications can be seen on my user page). With respect to the svg migration, I hope we both agree on the fact that svg allows for speedier rectification of erroneous images.
- Specifically on the Pitcairn flag, the combination of modern British heraldic trends and the Royal Navy colors does give a cartoonish effect and I would hazard to guess that the cartoonish effect is intentional. See the College of Arms website (official British Commonwealth heraldic authority) for examples---the style is definitely distinct from continental heraldry, and I say that there is nothing wrong with the SVG Pitcairn flag/coa. (Even compared to VexMundi's---VM is not always accurate, but without prejudice to other sites' validity).
- The comments for the Pitcairn flag and coa generally apply to the rest of the British-pattern flags too. In short the "cartoonish" effect of British flags is probably intentional.
- My edits to the Pitcairn flag as can be seen were mainly to do with the colors. The helmet shape at VM is "wrong"/not totally exact. The Pitcain Govt sites and World Flag Database have it right, and VM just has the general shape, though I would say that the differences between WFD/VM/Wikimedia-XRMAP is artistic license and within the acceptable variation. This isn;t something geometric like the Union Flag after all. Helmet lining: Various coats of arms have red/purple/other color lining, though it seems that everyone uses metal color on the inside of the Pitcain helmet (now its a metal color).
- Yaddah 08:16, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
Ik heb de meeste molens van wikipedia naar commons verplaatst dus je zult binnenkort wel een berichtje van erwin85bot krijgen dat de afbeelding om nl.wiki is verwijderd.
Ik heb ze allemaal op mijn volglijst staan en zal goed voor ze zorgen :)
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it, please read the text above again and follow the links in it,if you still need help ask at the ->Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 12:21, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 22:02, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- Get reading properly already! As far as I'm concerned, delete the shit. I've tried to find help here, but only encounter kindergarden-style communication in pastel. What's the use of this kind of belitteling communication? Have asked for help at the norwegian wikipedia, at least there's one place where there's real people still. Noorse (talk) 22:45, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/Noorse⧽: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
Situation out of control
|Master of disaster|
|Du utnevnes herved til Master of Disaster (MoD) for enestående taklinger og artige vendinger! Og så kan det joo bli ustyrtelig morsomt… Jeblad (talk) 12:27, 17 September 2014 (UTC)|
|Meilleurs vœux pour 2015 !|
Je te souhaite une très bonne année
Et beaucoup de plaisir à contribuer !
— Racconish 📥 11:25, 1 January 2015 (UTC)