Welcome to my user talk page!
I like to keep discussions in one place, so I will respond on this page to everything left on this page.
- 1 Update for the File:Time Zones of Africa.svg
- 2 Update for the File:Daylight saving time in Asia.svg
- 3 Mergers
- 4 Karte Fritz-Schumacher-Siedlung
- 5 Data
- 6 Request
- 7 Request
- 8 Commons:Deletion requests/File:Antanas Abrutis.JPG
- 9 Location map for Province No.1 of Nepal
- 10 Correction requests
- 11 a couple of questions
- 12 Category:Maps needing South Sudan political boundaries
- 13 Federal administrative location map of Nepal
- 14 politische Karte - Landesreg Ö
Update for the File:Time Zones of Africa.svg
Could you update the File:Time Zones of Africa.svg by coloring Sudan in yellow because it switched to UTC+2 in 2017, and could you rectify the erroneously strait border of the time zones in the Congo Democratic Republic because they follow provincial borders in that country? I requested this because I don't know how to create and upload SVG files myself.
- I'm sorry. I just hadn't the time to do it. NNW 17:02, 1 January 2018 (UTC)
- It's updated now. And Mali and Guinea are two countries again. NNW 11:31, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
Update for the File:Daylight saving time in Asia.svg
Could you update the File:Daylight saving time in Asia.svg by coloring the whole of Cyprus in blue (because Northern Cyprus started to use DST again in November, after abolishing it for one year)? Could you also color all the islands of Russia, Japan and the Philippines in orange and all the islands of Indonesia in red (because they have been forgotten and appear in gray). I requested this because I don't know how to create and upload SVG files myself.
- Updated by now. NNW 13:47, 7 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi, We need a Norway_Vestfold_-_Færder.svg which is a merge of Norway_Vestfold_-_Tjøme.svg and Norway Vestfold - Nøtterøy.svg. Is that something you have time to fix since you have made the others? --J. P. Fagerback (talk) 07:09, 1 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! A map of Færder is available now, the others are updated. Of course it will take some time to create new maps of Trøndelag. :o) NNW 12:42, 1 January 2018 (UTC)
A few more:
- Lardal need to be included in Larvik also.
- Hof need to be included into Holmestrand.
- Rissa and Leksvik has become Indre Fosen.
- Well, I updated all maps of Vestfold's municipalities. NNW 17:57, 1 January 2018 (UTC)
Moin! Könntest Du gelegentlich eine Karte wie File:Karte Franksche Siedlung.png für die Fritz-Schumacher-Siedlung in Langenhorn machen? Oder veranlassen, dass es jemand macht? ;-) Ist aber nicht eilig. Viele Grüße --Dirtsc (talk) 15:29, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
- Moin! So in Ordnung? Viele Grüße, NNW 16:49, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
- I'll look at it when I'll have a bit more time. Thanks for the links. NNW 12:02, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
Greetings, the topology map File:Israel North relief location map.png you created is probably one of the finest topologies of that area on commons, can you please provide one without the boarder lines or at least have them contained in a separate layer.--Uwe a (talk) 22:28, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! Of course, file:Israel North relief location map 2.png is available now. NNW 09:08, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi there, I've recently used a couple of your (brilliant) maps - Scotland and Scotland North to show the locations of womens football teams in the swpl and swpl18 in scotland.
Could you create anything that primarily the central belt of scotland but includes aberdeen?
Hi there, I'm having real difficulty adding Scotland centre location map.svg to  in replacement of the current swpl 2 map for the locations of teams. I've tried quite a few things...? GlasgowBraveheart (talk) 17:37, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- You have to create a location map template for it. The easiest way: You copy en:Template:Location map Scotland South into a new en:Template:Location map Scotland Centre (or something similar) and change the file name and the top/bottom/left/right coordinates with those of the file description of Scotland centre location map.svg (and the name parameter, of course). Then you can change the name of the location map template in en:Scottish Women's Premier League#SWPL 2. That’s all. NNW 17:40, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- The problem is that you named it Template:Scotland Central Belt, not Template:Location map Scotland Central Belt. I tried to move it but I wasn't allowed to do it. NNW 09:01, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- If you are not allowed to rename the template either, just ask an administrator. Or create a new template with the correct name and get the other one deleted. NNW 19:14, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- Da kann ich nichts machen, bin nicht mehr Admin. NNW 15:40, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
Location map for Province No.1 of Nepal
- Hello, @Raju Babu! Nepal Province No 1 adm location map.svg is available now. NNW 18:51, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
There are mistakes in these maps which have not been undone. Would you correct them?
1. In both File:Christian States.svg and File:State Religions.svg, El Salvador is wrongly included, which needs to be removed because it doesn't have a state religion. Article 26 of the Constitution of El Salvador does not declare the Catholic Church as a state religion: "The juridical personality of the Catholic Church is recognized. The other churches may obtain recognition of their personality in conformity with the law". Source: http://confinder.richmond.edu/admin/docs/ElSalvador1983English.pdf
2. In File:Map of state religions.svg, Georgia is wrongly included, which needs to be removed because it doesn't have a state religion. Section 1 of Article 9 of the Constitution of Georgia does not declare the Georgian Orthodox Church as a state religion: "The state shall declare complete freedom of belief and religion, as well as shall recognise the special role of the Apostle Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Georgia in the history of Georgia and its independence from the state." Source: http://www.parliament.ge/files/68_1944_951190_CONSTIT_27_12.06.pdf In the same map, Zambia is also is wrongly included, which needs to be removed because it doesn't have a state religion. The preamble of the Constitution of Zambia declares Zambia as a "Christian nation", but does not declare an official state religion. Source: http://www.parliament.gov.zm/sites/default/files/documents/amendment_act/Constitution%20of%20Zambia%20%20%28Amendment%29%2C%202016-Act%20No.%202_0.pdf
3. In File:Paises con mayoría cristiana.svg Nakchivan needs to be painted in pink, because it is an exclave of Azerbaijan, and like Azerbaijan as a whole, Nakchivan doesn't have a Christian majority.
- Hello! The files are updated now. NNW 11:49, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
a couple of questions
Hello! Hope you will manage to understand my English. 1. What are you guided by when you decide what N/S stretching should be used? Is this figure taken "by eye" or is it accurately calculated and based on something? For example, here you used at first sight weird 111.8685 % stretching. 2. How do you cut your maps accurate to tenths of a degree? As I understand, there must be some simple command in some GIS-soft; but cartography help pages here are not exhaustive so I did'n find the answer yet. --Yakiv Gluck (talk) 20:44, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- 1. In the beginning I preferred stretchings which could be divided by 10: 110, 120, 130 % etc. Later I started to do it more precisely. You take the central latitude and then it's rounded (1/cos latitude)×100. There are some exceptions, e.g. the location map of Germany has had to fit into the infobox for municipalities which was much older than the location map project. It has got a stretching of 150 % instead of the correct 159 %. There are some other maps with such "wrong" stretching, too. Egypt had a stretching of 110 %, but when User:Sting created the relief version he wanted to have a stretching of 111.8685 %, so it wasn't my idea.
- 2. My SVGs are made with a vector graphic program, not with a GIS software, so it is easy to cut them to accurate tenths of a degree. NNW 16:16, 23 February 2018 (UTC)
Can you add South Sudan in these maps:
File:Official English language in the World.svg - in use
File:Official Spanish language in the World.svg - in use
File:Official French language in the World.svg
File:Official Portuguese language in the World.svg - in use
File:Official Arabic language in the World.svg - in use
File:Official Chinese language in the World.svg - in use
File:Official Russian language in the World.svg - in use
File:Official German language in the World.svg
File:Official Italian language in the World.svg
File:Official Dutch language in the World.svg - in use
I am adding South Sudan (as well as Montenegro and other possible missing updates) in the PNG maps in Category:Maps needing South Sudan political boundaries and then remove this category after updating them. There were close to 1100 maps since I started to update these files, now it is reduced to less than 750 maps, but there is a long way to go.
Unfortunately I don't know how to edit SVG maps myself, that is why I asked you.
- Lots of these maps are not in use. It would be sensible to start with those maps which are in use. NNW 18:02, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
- It is easier to do them all at the same time. They are updated now. NNW 17:11, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
Federal administrative location map of Nepal
- Hello! It might take some time, I'm quite busy right now. NNW 14:53, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
politische Karte - Landesreg Ö
Hallo, ich will dich nicht sekieren/quälen, aber diese Grafik File:Landesregierungen in Österreich 10-2016.png bräuchte ein update ;-) Wenn du mal Zeit hast, ware es nett. Noch was, könntest du wenigstens ein paar grundlegende babel (Sprachen) auf deine Frontseite einfügen. Oder bist du einer von den geheimen? looool Der Bärenspinner sieht geil aus, tolles Foto, lG --Hannes 24 (talk) 10:35, 16 March 2018 (UTC)
- Bislang habe ich mich hier mit noch jemand verständlich machen können. :o) Apropos geheim: Es ist immer ganz hilfreich, gleich zu sagen, was denn verändert gehört, dann muss ich nicht erst suchen, was du längst gefunden hast. Das Viech finde ich auch toll, ist aber nicht von mir. Das Lob fürs Foto gebührt einem anderen. NNW 10:39, 16 March 2018 (UTC)