More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:09, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Occlusion be.gif is uncategorized since 17 January 2009. BotMultichillT 06:09, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:09HartmannLogo.gif is uncategorized since 17 January 2009. BotMultichillT 06:09, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:09occEnergie02.gif was uncategorized on 2 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:51, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:09occEnergie.gif was uncategorized on 2 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:51, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:10-hma-01.jpg was uncategorized on 3 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:53, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:10-gv-02.jpg was uncategorized on 3 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:53, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:10-hma-02.jpg was uncategorized on 3 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:53, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:InterpositionLinguale.jpg was uncategorized on 28 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:24, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
En "Dentisterie", il manque une sous-catégorie principale pour pouvoir classer mes images.
Voir ma question sur Bistro : [[2.7 Création de la catégorie [en] Dentistry| Dental occlusion - [fr] Dentisterie| Occlusion dentaire]]
Merci. Cordialement. Occlusion - 4 juillet 2010
File tagging File:09HartmannLogo.gif
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:09HartmannLogo.gif. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Note de Guy COTTON, http://occlusion.be/ - 1070 Bruxelles (Belgique) :
- J'ai obtenu en son son temps l'autorisation sans restriction de publication du logo que j'avais conçu depuis les données web du Pr Françis HARTMANN (Marseille, France).
- Vous pouvez reproduire cette autorisation pour COMMONS en contactant directement cet Enseignant :
- Son adresse @mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Son site web : http://tmd-dentalmedical.org/site/index.php?lng=fr
- Cordialement, Guy.Cotton@skynet.be
- Après réflexion, la présence de ce logo peut éventuellement être considéré comme une publicité, ce qui est ccontraire à la Déontologie médicale.
- Je confirme donc, pour ce seul fichier "09HartmannLogo.gif", la nécessité de suppression proposée par Wikimedia. Merci. Cordialement, Occlusion (talk) 10:34, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
Do you have a better version of File:10-gv-01.jpg?
Thank you for your submission of File:10-gv-01.jpg. While all submissions are useful, do you think you might be able to supply a better quality version of the same, or similar, content? In many cases, the largest and highest resolution possible is the most useful version to have available. (MediaWiki has automatic resizing functionality, so there is no need for multiple versions of the same image at different sizes, users can select any size and the software will generate and cache the needed resolution on the fly.)
If you can supply the same exact image as File:10-gv-01.jpg at a larger resolution (or media at a higher bitrate, etc.), please just upload it over the original, users will get the new higher quality version with no further effort on your part. If on the other hand, the content is only similar, it is best to select a new image name, as there may be uses already where some aspect of the existing media was key to the usage. In the latter case, if you can provide a crosslink reference to the new image in the older one and vice versa, that will be extremely helpful.
Again, thank you very much for your contribution, it is appreciated.
- Bonjour. Malheureusement : non. Cet instantanné est unique. Merci pour votre compréhension. Cordialement, Occlusion (talk) 10:38, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
Wikimedia Commons has a specific scope
Thank you for your contributions. Your image or other content was recently deleted, or will soon be deleted, in accordance with our process and policies, because it was not, or is not, within our scope. Please review our project scope, but in short, Commons is targeted at educational media files including photographs, diagrams, animations, music, spoken text and video clips. The expression “educational” is to be understood according to its broad meaning of “providing knowledge; instructional or informative”. Wikimedia Commons does not contain text articles like encyclopedia articles, textbooks, news, word definitions and such. Each of these other kinds of content have their own projects: Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wiktionary and Wikiquote.
If the content seems to fit the scope of one of those other projects, please consider contributing it there. Otherwise, consider an alternative outlet. If you think that the deletion was in error because the contribution really was in scope, you can appeal it at Commons:Undeletion requests, giving a reason why it fits our scope to help others evaluate the matter. Thank you for your understanding.
- Je suis Dentiste et gérant du Centre de Prévention Dentaire sprl ("CPD sprl"), 1070 Bruxelles (belgique). Toutes les images que de dépose en mon nom propre, ou au nom de "occlusion", ou au nom de "CPD sprl", sont versées dans la communauté publique et libres de tout droit d'auteur.
- J'accepte donc de publier ces documents de manière irrévocable et selon les termes des licences en vigueur sur Wikimedia Commons.
- La présente est valable pour toutes les images que je dépose. Merci.
- Bien cordialement, Occlusion (talk) 10:28, 4 February 2011 (UTC)