Since the name "Olli" is already a SUL-account, it needs to be confirmed that the owner of the SUL is you. Please go to one of the accounts which are already part of the SUL (e.g. fiwiki) and post there under the Olli-account a confirmation that you are user Olliiiiii on Commons and that you want to be renamed there. Then copy the diff-link and post it at the usurpation request. -- Cecil (talk) 19:56, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Air conditioning unit-fi.svg was uncategorized on 31 October 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:51, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Licensing tutorial fi.svg was uncategorized on 7 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 8 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:D-W002 Warning orange.svg was uncategorized on 27 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:25, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
|Hello, Olli. You have new messages at CategorizationBot's talk page.
Re. iPhone logo
|File:SumatraPDF.png has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
TUSC token 08fa83deebadbad03383ead875319466
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
Hi Olli, in case you have any specific suspicion who this vandal might be (user on other project), please consider to contact a CU, such as Martin H. The vandalism was sufficiently serious to issue a WMF-wide ban. --Túrelio (talk) 07:52, 19 May 2011 (UTC)