User talk:One thought
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 14:09, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Tapcong taodan.jpg was uncategorized on 5 May 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:44, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:WuhanLec.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:WuhanLec.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself. undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
The image source is: http://package.minghui.org/mh/2003/01/17/photo-exhibition/web/images/da/1/1.jpg
As displayed on photo library home page:http://package.minghui.org/mh/2003/01/17/photo-exhibition/web/index1.htm: "欢迎转载传阅本网所有内容，但请注明出处", English translation: you are free to carry and transmit all content, provided use is attributed.
- Thats not free content. Modification is not allowed. Only making a copy from that source is allowed, as long as they have this written on the website. But redistribution – allowing others to make copies from your copy – isnt allowed, but thats required under a perpetual, irrevocable free content license. --Martin H. (talk) 17:40, 15 August 2012 (UTC)