|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 23:29, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 Daylight saving time
- 3 TUSC token 75822acd7588c2be1d230b438e96df61
- 4 wow
- 5 Autopatrol given
- 6 File:OIC fitzroy mormon church.jpg
- 7 Sports venues in Australia
- 8 Category:Perth Domestic Airport
- 9 Category:Churches in Western Australia by locality
- 10 hmm
- 11 Damn you...
- 12 Notification about possible deletion
- 13 As requested
- 14 LDS Meeting House in Doubleview
- 15 Sorry for the late reply
- 16 File:Cherry Ripe basket.jpg
- 17 Possible Copyright violation
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Reg Withers 1991.png is uncategorized since 29 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:07, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Ger Mag WA.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Market near Beyazit.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Litoria moorei Mar 06.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:St Andrews Road.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Kalgoorlie-history.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Narara.ogg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Five ways intersection.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Litoria moorei on lilypad.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Humours of Census Taking (1901 Census, Western Australia).djvu was uncategorized on 20 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 21 December 2009 (UTC)
Daylight saving time
TUSC token 75822acd7588c2be1d230b438e96df61
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
- btw i am pretty sure http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:OIC_Augusta_hillview_road_2.jpg is in the park - close enough anyways SatuSuro (talk) 12:41, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- tahts actually a photo of green hill and it is in the park Done SatuSuro (talk) 13:05, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah tell me about it - I'm trying to clear out nearly 7 years of photos I've taken and get them up on Commons. Most of them are fairly low resolution and some of the Geraldton ones are even from a camera that died on the trip, but there seems to be value in having them here. Orderinchaos (talk) 14:33, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- "there seems to be value in having them here" - absolutely! The more, the merrier. We can get picky about quality if and when our coverage significantly improves ... Mattinbgn (talk) 04:12, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. Bidgee (talk) 08:38, 2 April 2012 (UTC)
File:OIC fitzroy mormon church.jpg
Sports venues in Australia
Category:Churches in Western Australia by locality
Hi OIC. Not sure I agree with this edit. What is the rationale behind it? Churches in Western Australia can be categorised in many different ways and it makes sense to have a separate category for localities rather than lump them in the main one lest it get too cluttered. -- Mattinbgn (talk) 07:37, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
- There was only two in the category, and neither was actually a locality (one was a hazily defined urban centre and the other was a large metropolitan area containing said urban centre). I looked around Australia and found an absence of such categories elsewhere. Orderinchaos (talk) 07:39, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
- There are plenty of building type by locality categories for Australia and commons isn't as concerned as enwiki about populating cats so long as they are logical. I would have kept it and I am sure it will be recreated sooner or later. Deleted now anyway. -- Mattinbgn (talk) 07:55, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yay! :) While I can gloat about the fact we've now got more than everyone else, I'd actually like to see the collection completed for Australia or at worst metropolitan/near-metropolitan Australia. :P Orderinchaos (talk) 13:51, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
- File:Dubai airport Apr 2010 water feature 2 OIC.jpg
- File:Dubai airport Apr 2010 water feature 3 OIC.jpg
- File:Dubai airport Mar 2011 decoration closeup.jpg
- File:Dubai airport Mar 2011 decoration.jpg
- File:Dubai airport Mar 2011 view inside terminal.jpg
LDS Meeting House in Doubleview
- Thank you. I wonder if we could find a reliable weblink with the address so that it can be added to the Doubleview article on Wikipedia. I tried google but to no avail. Let me know if you find one please.Zigzig20s (talk) 00:05, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for the late reply
Hi OIC. I have replied to your message on my talk page. That is a quite bizarre display! Sorry for the delay in replying but my interest in Wikimedia sites waxes and wanes nowadays - mainly wanes to be honest. Still, I have some photos to upload soon so will be back here for a while. Cheers, Mattinbgn (talk) 10:43, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
|File:Cherry Ripe basket.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Possible Copyright violation
Hi Orderinchaos. Did you see the possible copyright violation of File:Koala climbing tree off Montacute Road near Adelaide.ogv at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vleBITd4YaY ? Greets --Capricorn4049 (talk) 10:53, 12 August 2015 (UTC)