User talk:Otfried Lieberknecht
Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Please remember that all uploads require source, author and license information. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --Siebrand 22:06, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry, I did not notice your message until today. Unfortunately, the image and its page have been deleted in the meantime. Can you help me to find out the precise reasons for this deletion? It was a reproduction of a manuscript painting from the 17th century, the age of which excludes a violation of the painter's copy rights. According to the legal understanding that we have agreed on in the German Wikipedia, the reproduction of this painting did not possess a sufficient degree of creativity (Schoepfungshoehe) for substantiating any claims of copy rights protecting this reproduction.
- Did I forget something or maybe select a wrong license when uploading this image, or is there something wrong with my legal understanding? I would certainly appreciate your help! --Otfried Lieberknecht 17:11, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Otfried Lieberknecht!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:07, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Gispaden BNF ms lat 7138 f199v-200r.png is uncategorized since 7 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:07, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Gispaden-BNF ms lat 7138 f200v-201r.png is uncategorized since 7 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:07, 8 February 2009 (UTC)