This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
This is the user talk page of P199, where you can send messages and comments to P199.
- 1 A cup of tea for you!
- 2 File:Finch ON.JPG
- 3 Welcome back
- 4 Deleted Page
- 5 Source of derivative work - Plaza Cuartel markers
- 5.1 ====================================================================================================================================================================================================================
- 5.2 ===================================================================================================================================================================================================================
- 6 Copyrighted
- 7 Commons:Deletion requests/File:Mottechaix - 1886.pdf
- 8 Please take second look
- 9 Thanks for the picture of Fassett, Quebec
- 10 File:Northbound lane of Jhongli IC on the Taiwan No1 National Highway.JPG
- 11 Deletion of The_4_Mimff_books_by_H.J._Kaeser.jpg,
- 12 Deletion of House illustrations
- 13 Commons:Deletion requests/File:KurtBeckJohannesRau.jpg
A cup of tea for you!
|Hope you are alright. Have a cuppa and come back soon! Best wishes! Hedwig in Washington (mail?) 02:07, 1 December 2018 (UTC)|
Hi there. I notice you overwrote your original upload of this file with a different file. Was this intentional? If not, could you split the second upload to a new file? Also, could you provide date info for the new file, as I doubt that it was taken in June. Thanks. Mindmatrix 14:11, 26 April 2019 (UTC)
If you're working on Workers' Day, can you have a look at the following uploads, please? https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles/Cdev86 Thanks. --E4024 (talk) 16:47, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hi @E4024: Thank for welcoming me back. Why do you want me to look at these uploads? They appear to be OoS to me. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 17:00, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
Hi P199, I just noticed that you deleted 3 files I uploaded: https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Canadian_flag,_maple_syrup_and_hockey_on_coloring-page.jpg&action=edit&redlink=1 https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Coloring_page_presenting_Egyptian_flag_and_Sphinx.jpg&action=edit&redlink=1 https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Australian_flag_and_symbols_on_coloring_page.jpg&action=edit&redlink=1
I checked https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Licensing but I'm not sure which law has been violated? I created all 3 submitted images and I'm the owner of two websites where these pictures are published.
What should I do in this situation to have them republished?
- Hi @Janmarian83: The website that you took the images from clearly states "All rights reserved" (= copyvio). Being the website owner is irrelevant, you need to prove that you are the creator of the images, and you need to send that proof using an OTRS ticket, see COM:OTRS. Regards, --P 1 9 9 ✉ 19:33, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
Source of derivative work - Plaza Cuartel markers
I added the appropriate tag for both images: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Copyright_rules_by_territory/Consolidated_list_O-R#Philippines https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Template:PD-PhilippineGov https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Philippines_copyright_law Pi3.124 (talk) 22:29, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Pi3.124: That is not sufficient. There is no credit to the original portrait photographers. And what evidence is there that the images were indeed released as PD? --P 1 9 9 ✉ 01:49, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
I discussed the origin of the photographs with the daughter and granddaughter on the phone and they sent the following email to me:
From: jennifer ancheta  Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:27 AM To: xxxxx Subject: Picture of Nazario B Mayor
The picture has no copyright. The picture was found in his album of pictures that he had by his oldest daughter Nelllie Loudon Mayor Loleng. There was no date or writing on the back of it. He had quite a few pictures of himself as he loved to freeze time and frequently wrote about the time in his life when it was taken. Usually something profound. This had nothing. We FaceTimed our family in the Philippines to ask and they all said it was my Aunt who submitted it and there’s no info. Any person that would have taken that picture has probably left the earth to a heavenly state by now
Please let me know if any other questions come up. We are happy to reinvigorate his legacy
. Jennifer Mayor Ancheta James
The image is not copyrighted. The images are own.
Please, let me know if any other question comes up. We are happy to revitalize your legacy.
- @WebOn HN: You need to add your comments at Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by WebOn HN (not here). Clearly explain why the images are not copyrighted and why you say they are your own even though the EXIF data credits other people. And finally, removing the deletion tag before the discussion is closed, is considered vandalism. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 14:12, 27 May 2019 (UTC)
Please take second look
Greetings! Re: Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Микола1984леон Please take second look, it seems only some of the files were closed. Thank you!! Ellin Beltz (talk) 19:20, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for the picture of Fassett, Quebec
Have just linked to it in a new article about a court case over the railway line, and there it is, a perfect picture of the railine to illustrate the article. Canadian Pacific Railway Co. v Notre Dame de Bonsecours Thanks! Mr Serjeant Buzfuz (talk) 15:54, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
Please look at your edits at 15:01, 30 October 2018. If you take a closer look at the picture you can see that the A-pillar of the car at the lower-right. I don't see any reason for it to be removed, so could you please explain why?--Kai3952 (talk) 17:53, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
Deletion of The_4_Mimff_books_by_H.J._Kaeser.jpg,
Hi, This is about 18 months late! Please advise why you appeared to remove a photo THAT I TOOK of the four books by H. J. Kaeser to illustrate that writer's Wikipage/? Thanks in anticipation. Arrivisto (talk) 11:05, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Arrivisto: Yes, you took the photo, but you don't own the copyright of the illustrations in the photo, read COM:DW. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 13:07, 10 June 2019 (UTC)
Deletion of House illustrations
Hi, I just read Commons:Deletion requests/Files in Category:Illustrations of the cast of House (television programme) following the automatic removal of these pictures from Wikipedia. I don't have access to all of them, but I do remember the looks of File:House graffiti.jpg.
Doesn't it comply with Commons:Fan art#There is no copyright in an actor's likeness? Tomer T (talk) 19:01, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Tomer T: Restored File:House graffiti.jpg as per Commons:Deletion requests/File:House graffiti.jpg. As per the COM:FAN: " if the fan art drawing is a wholly new creative representation showing the actor’s natural likeness plus some non-creative allusion to the original work, it can be accepted". The rest are clearly not wholly new. Regards, --P 1 9 9 ✉ 19:26, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
- However, it does not "copy creative elements from the movie". What do you suggest to do? Reopen a deletion discussion for this image? What's the protocol for that? Tomer T (talk) 19:33, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
Hello P199. It is not the small image that I worry. What I wanted to point out is that there is a human head that does not exist between the sitting people, and that we can not see the hairstyle that the person sitting behind can see. This photograph is clearly a collage and it is impossible for the uploader to shoot. And this uploader's images has been deleted in large quantities. I do not think that he made this collage with his material. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but please check again.--Y.haruo (talk) 16:43, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Y.haruo: I don't see the clear evidence of a collage. Yes I see that there are some persons mostly blocked from view by others. But the image is so small and with little depth perspective, and depending on just the right camera position, it is possible to get funny/strange anomalies in pictures. It is not conclusive to me. If you still feel strongly about it, I suggest to get a 3rd opinion. Regards, --P 1 9 9 ✉ 17:06, 25 June 2019 (UTC)