|This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
|This is the user talk page of P199, where you can send messages and comments to P199.|
- 1 WE NEED TO UPDATE THE PHOTO OF THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE
- 2 file:Surrounded By Idiots CD cover.jpg
- 3 acerca de Bonito
- 4 File:Gordita en San Juan de Limay.JPG
- 5 "Nesterov_derzhinskaya.jpg"
- 6 File:SADC road sign IN511.svg
- 7 Category:Train station in Grombach
- 8 Don Bennechi
- 9 Your preferred mass DR procedure
WE NEED TO UPDATE THE PHOTO OF THE MUNICIPAL OFFICE
I have been trying very hard to contact you so that we can update the photo of The Municipality of Whitestone office here on this Wikipedia page. I have tried to change it myself but since I did not create the page, it will not allow me to make the edit? Can you please email me back at: email@example.com so that we can talk and I can send you an updated photo?
- I have updated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitestone,_Ontario with the new photo. Regards, --P 1 9 9 ✉ 16:54, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
file:Surrounded By Idiots CD cover.jpg
Hi. Here's permission for file:Surrounded By Idiots CD cover.jpg
I, Rob Trick, have been paid for and given credit for all images used in the completion and promotion of Simon Rakoff's comedy album. I hereby give Simon all privileges regarding the like, consistent with our arrangement for his use of said images. Please allow him to upload his images to your website — Preceding unsigned comment added by Uiaeli (talk • contribs) 14:48, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
- @Uiaeli: No point leaving this permission info here. Follow the the instructions in the warning box at the file. It says: "Please provide evidence of permission by either providing a link to a site with an explicit release under a free license or by sending a declaration of consent to firstname.lastname@example.org." But more importantly, why is this CD cover uploaded? There is little educational value in it, and seems like promotion, which is out of scope. See COM:SCOPE. Regards. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 16:21, 18 February 2016 (UTC)
acerca de Bonito
Quisiera conocer atractivos turistico-culturales de esta población para visitarla en septiembre de 2016 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 12:50, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
File:Gordita en San Juan de Limay.JPG
Could you please delete the following photography from Wikimedia Commons: Commons:Deletion requests/File:Gordita en San Juan de Limay.JPG It was uploaded my mistake. If you want people to contribute photographs to wikipedia, you need to let them correct any mistakes they make, or they will not dare to make any contributions. Also, I think it is common courtesy. Martinogk (talk) 03:43, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- Courtesy deletion done. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 03:57, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
What was the issue with the file "Nesterov_derzhinskaya.jpg"? Thank you!
- See Commons:Deletion requests/Files in Category:Portraits by Mikhail Nesterov. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 15:39, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yes of course! Regards, --P 1 9 9 ✉ 16:32, 11 April 2016 (UTC)
|“||Category names should generally be in English, excepting some of proper names, biological taxa and terms which don't have an exact English equivalent. See Commons:Categories for the exact policy.||”|
|“||Category names should generally be in English (...). However, there are exceptions such as some proper names, biological taxa and names for which the non-English name is most commonly used in the English language (...).||”|
Hi I just recieved
Don Bennechi 2.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion Don Bennechi 3.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion
The material is already published at www.donbennechi.com
I have the rights to publish the pictures.
But of some reasons I still do not understand my draft was deleted - and was asumed PR - that was wrong. The reasson of me publishing the artist was the interest around him since so many years, and his discography etc. So since this was made to me, I dont know how to proceed with the article since each attempt, I do, results in deletion. I also had some good advicers "here" at the "teahouse" and still, even tough I follow the advices exactely I get deleted. Maybe someone "here" can help me do the article?
- @Regina Andersson: For your article on English WP, you must write it in a neutral point-of-view (meaning, sticking to facts, not trying to promote him) and provide reliable independent references to prove that he is indeed famous (so not Facebook, not www.donbennechi.com, not blogs).
- As for the pictures: they are clearly professional photo-shoots for promotional purposes. Moreover, the rights to publish remain with the photographer. If you indeed have the rights, you'll need prove that, see COM:OTRS. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 17:34, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello again, An e-mail has just been sent to email@example.com<firstname.lastname@example.org> with following; Hello,
"As apparently it is a misunderstanding and questioning regarding Regina Andersson, has permission to publish photographs of Don Bennechi we've copyrighted. She is free to publish them on Wikipedia. Please,
Roland Gustavsson /
Venus Recordings Scandinavia"
Furthermore, when I did the draft, I referred to 2 major newspapers in Sweden, which was used as the source. I also referred to Warner Chappell - but also to the website where I found information. I tried in every way to be objective. I could refer to 200-300 different articles written about Bennechi in Scandinavia, Korea and Israel - but it did not. But one of my main sources, Google and YouTube - if it involves to "prove" that it is not about a blog / Facebook "celebrity" Look for example here: https://www.google.se/search?q=google&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=VoFMV72KGqur8wfduIjQCg#q=Don+Bennechi I really need help to make the draft - because whatever and however I try - I get blocked and removed :-( I was accused of engaging in any promotional activities.. I had the opportunity to work with him once, and yes, we belonged to the same production company - and I expressed myself wrongly perhaps initially with the words we - so that you get the notion that "I" is the production company. They told me to change the name - I did, they said, was objective, I was. Since I am a 26 year old Swedish woman - who is an amateur - it can not be helped :-) why it would be so nice if some kind soul can help me with this? Regina Andersson (talk) 18:14, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
- @Regina Andersson: Your article on English WP was deleted because "Unambiguous advertising or promotion: Created by someone working at Bennechi's production company." The problem is that you belong to the same production company, which makes it a conflict of interest, and that is strongly discouraged. I will try to get you unblocked on English WP, but you will have to disclose the conflict of interest. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 19:11, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
Thank you very much! But it's not that I actually work there - I was in their "stall" - I am a musician and doing other things too. I am an amateur and dont know how to "perform" here on Wikipedia - but thought it would give a more "weight" to the prospect of an affiliation that is not a fact. The "belong" part was as a musician. I do of course "now" understand that the line "We are the production company for Don Bennechi - we do not represent an organisation - we represent Don" - should have been formulated in a more appropriate way than mine - but this is not my amazing English as you can imagine. There was an error allusion that I think is human - that I now are "condemned" and blocked for that sentence seems unfair.
I have also spoken with the owner of Venus Recordings today and towards them, there is absolutely no conflict of interest on the basis of the article I want to publish.
Can I get to be so "brazen" and ask for help with this article? Or if I can make a new draft with your indulgence? I do not really know how I disclose the conflict of interest? Can you guide me? I really hope for your help. Many thanks again, Regina Regina Andersson (talk) 20:28, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
- You will have to request to be unblocked at WP yourself. If you succeed, I would recommend editing other articles first to gain experience. Get familiar first with WP policies (such as references, NPOV, notability requirements, etc.) before trying to recreate the Bennechi article. If you get unblocked, I am willing to assist, just contact me on my talkpage at the English WP. --P 1 9 9 ✉ 16:04, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
Your preferred mass DR procedure
As a genuine question, I was wondering how you would go about the nomination of hundreds of potentially problematic files from a user who has uploaded thousands of photos, just as a practical matter? Your suggestion of a "speedy close" here makes me think that you believe there is a better way of doing this, and if there is, I'd love to know. I'm not talking about the differences of opinion we seem to have over DM/TOO issues, but: Would you use VFC on the user's uploads? If so, are you aware that they will all go into the same subpage (I do not think you can change the DR subpage that VFC creates)? Would you do a handful at a time, waiting for the closure of the previous DR each time? Storkk (talk) 12:37, 1 July 2016 (UTC)