User talk:Pacific Coast Highway
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Orgullomoore 02:00, 8 August 2006 (UTC)Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and or licensing of this particular file. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --
you uploaded this pic with missing license. Could you give it a correct tag if not it run the risk of delation.
Friendly Oxam Hartog 13:30, 14 October 2006 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Pacific Coast Highway!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:16, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:AirTrain-JFK-Map.png is uncategorized since 5 March 2009. BotMultichillT 06:16, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Staten Island Railway Map.png is uncategorized since 10 March 2009. BotMultichillT 06:08, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Kingston-Throop R160.jpg is uncategorized since 1 May 2009.
- Image:PCH WPFacebook.JPG is uncategorized since 27 May 2009.
Hi, I was wondering why you've rendered these maps in dark brown on a black background, which makes them very difficult to view? I downloaded and inverted File:Staten Island Railway Map.png, changing it to more conventional black lettering on a white background, to solve this. Before uploading it as an alternate version, I thought I'd contact you first to see if you're aware of the problem. JGHowes talk - 14:03, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- I've checked these two .png images on various PC's/monitors using different browsers including IE8 and the results are always the same: land masses are rendered as black and water bodies as dark grey – is this what you intended? I would suggest reformatting as .svg (which is the preferred format for maps, anyway) or choosing "safe" RGB color combinations. As stated above, this would improve legibility considerably. JGHowes talk - 21:18, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi! This file is also on Picasa with the license All rights reserved. We have just started a new procedure where images from Picasa are reviewed and license is verified. You have uploaded this image here as own work and if you are the photographer you can of course license the image different on Commons. The name you use here is quite different from the name on Picasa so the best would be if you could prove that you control both accounts. Perhaps you could change the license on Picasa or make a comment? That would eliminate any doubt fast and effective. Hope you do not mind the trouble :-) --MGA73 (talk) 19:48, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
|File:Mezzanine Fever II.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.