More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:18, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- Image:20090318171650!Bianchetti-Di Marzio.jpg was uncategorized on 11 October 2009.
- Image:Maradona Gianni Di Marzio.jpg was uncategorized on 12 October 2009.
- Image:Gianni Di marzio.JPG was uncategorized on 29 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:Di-marzio-gianluca.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Di-marzio-gianluca.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
File source is not properly indicated: File:Maradona Gianni Di Marzio.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Maradona Gianni Di Marzio.jpg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.