More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 15:23, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Il raccolto d'autunno continua ad essere abbondante.pdf was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 17:39, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Emanuel Licha Nothing Less Nothing More.pdf was uncategorized on 20 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:23, 21 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Simonetta Fadda Reality Show.pdf was uncategorized on 27 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 19:49, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Orizzontale.pdf was uncategorized on 8 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:12, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Paolo Ulian 1990 - 2009.pdf was uncategorized on 6 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:27, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
Hi again Penny! I have a question regarding your uploads: Special:Log/Penny1986. You have added a OTRS permission tag at all although you are not a OTRS member. Furthermore the mail's content is insufficient for us. We need to have the explicit permission from the photographers/authors themselves. Can you please explain the situation here? Cheers --Saibo (Δ) 15:35, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
Hi I am a part of a proget Share Your Knowledge Lettera 27 edit by Wikipedia Italia and I ask to Permission Wikipedia Italia and the give me this Ticket. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Penny1986 (talk • contribs) 2011-10-28T16:22:01 (UTC)