User talk:Per Meistrup
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 18:54, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Per Meistrup!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Soren+Martin Arli(KIF 2904).jpg was uncategorized on 16 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:28, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Inge-Lise Wagner+Soren Arli(KIF 3129).jpg was uncategorized on 16 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:28, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Piet van Deurs 09-07-2006(KIF 2369).jpg was uncategorized on 16 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:28, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
Hi there, thank you for your uploads. Please read COM:OVERCAT. Images that are already placed into Category:Full Moon Party, Ko Phangan, should not also be placed into the main Category:Thailand per COM:OVERCAT. - Takeaway (talk) 12:54, 25 March 2016 (UTC)