More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 Help Request
- 3 A Little Help With A Map
- 4 Request
- 5 File:Africa map.jpg
- 6 File source is not properly indicated: File:Jozefina Topalli Signature.svg
- 7 Some baklava for you!
- 8 Request
- 9 COM:ANU#File:Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces in Battle of Shanghai 1937.jpg
- 10 Heads up on some information
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Japan air 123 route ja.svg was uncategorized on 5 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:56, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:ShriGuruRavidasJikijai.png was uncategorized on 14 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:09, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry to ask often, but we need these maps ASAP and its been a whole months without any progress. Thank you--باسم (talk) 18:17, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
A Little Help With A Map
Hey, can I have a little help here please. It is a little urgent because of the recency in the Politics of Ghana.
(talk) 15:25, 23 December, 2012 (UTC)
I had nominated this map for deletion...and the uploader has no objections in the DR request. However, the map is rather heavily used on Czech wikipedia. It can be kept if someone like you can only upload the borders of South Sudan on it. The colours of the countries in Africa are all blue. Can you consider uploading the borders of South Sudan onto the old map showing a united North and South Sudan? Just curious. If you can then, I will withdraw this DR nomination and the map can continue to be used on wikipedia. If not, its OK. This is definitely my final request.
- Done―― Phoenix7777 (talk) 23:25, 30 December 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for all your kind help here. I won't bother you with anymore map requests. PS: If you like native Indian art or European ceramic art wares, I have put a lot of my photos on my own Commons userpage from the University of BC in Vancouver, Canada! Enjoy them if you wish. Best Regards, --Leoboudv (talk) 00:51, 31 December 2012 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:Jozefina Topalli Signature.svg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Jozefina Topalli Signature.svg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
Some baklava for you!
|My pleasure to help your work... Anyway, thanx for the beer, I hope you aprriceate this pastry :-) ... Dэя-Бøяg 15:50, 25 August 2013 (UTC)|
Dear Phoenix7777: I find the figure about "World MERS Outbreak" that is made by you. Can you tell me where can I find the original data? Or can you share the original data with me? I want to use the value to do some statistic studies. Thanks a lot!
Heads up on some information
The administrator who has started Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard/User_problems#File:Japanese_Special_Naval_Landing_Forces_in_Battle_of_Shanghai_1937.jpg (とある白い猫) has stated on IRC in #wikimedia-commons in relation to that discussion:
“I want to stab someone”
This administrator has been very vocal on conduct on IRC -- he claims that saying "bullshit" is harassment, but he obviously doesn't have the same thought of expressing to an open channel that he wishes to stab someone.
I am not getting involved in the nexus of that dispute at AN/U, but neither should this editor/admin. From here on out he should see himself as unnecessarily involved and should no longer use the tools in relation to you, or that file, given his "I want to stab someone" inflammatory commentary. 18.104.22.168 23:02, 12 August 2015 (UTC)