More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
Hello. In my opinion the file was OK. I have checked the source (the amateur footage) and the user. The footage comes from the city of Poznań (Poland). The rest of the user's footages come mainly from that city or two others (Gniezno, Konin) nearby: https://www.youtube.com/user/SzymonEnglert/videos. The uploader (that wearing glasses odd-funny guy) is a some local avcitivist (very local journalist) and all the videos accept these (but they're obvious) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3l7Rh5ar0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySlM_BPRWvY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOPWiE7XAY come from him. Artur Andrzej (talk) 19:51, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
I belive the video is not a screencap, it simply has a poor quality. The quarter-professional camera operator and journalist (all in one) is just waving. Seriously, I think the author tries to do his best, but he's a very little mentally deficient. The off voice to me is the same as for instance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxb3EYnk950. That nice guy is missing (at least) one tooth and I can hear in his Polish a little lisp (famous Polish "sh" and "tch"). If you may, compare the both recordings. Artur Andrzej (talk) 20:29, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hello Artur. If you believe that the image was deleted out of process, you can request additional information from the deleting admin (in this case User:Jcb). If you still have concerns you can then appeal the decision here. --Ponyo (talk) 20:35, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Ponyo, you have made a mistake by not looking good enough at the license information at the source website and then I made the same mistake when I processed deletion. Shit happens. Everything should be alright now. Jcb (talk) 20:52, 23 September 2016 (UTC)