More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:07, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Postcrossing Logo.png is uncategorized since 14 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:07, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Castello di graines.jpg is uncategorized since 23 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:27, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Graines torre.jpg is uncategorized since 23 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:27, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Graines1.jpg is uncategorized since 23 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:27, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Castellocly.jpg is uncategorized since 5 March 2009. BotMultichillT 06:18, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Sarriodcaditotia.jpg is uncategorized since 25 March 2009.
- Image:SarriodMensola.jpg is uncategorized since 25 March 2009.
- Image:CastelloSarriod.jpg is uncategorized since 25 March 2009.
- Image:PalazzoGBSpinola4.jpg is uncategorized since 27 May 2009.
Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves Monuments 2012!
Thanks to the participation of people like you, the contest gathered more than 350,000 pictures of cultural heritage objects from 36 countries around the world, becoming the largest photography competition to have ever taken place.
You can find all your pictures in your upload log, and are of course very welcome to keep uploading images and help develop Wikimedia Commons, even though you will not be able to win more prizes (just yet).
If you'd like to start editing relevant Wikipedia articles and share your knowledge with other people, please go to the Wikipedia Welcome page for more information, guidance, and help.
To make future contests even more successful than this year, we would like to invite you to share your experiences with us in a short survey. Please fill in this short survey in your own language, and help us learn what you liked and didn't like about Wiki Loves Monuments 2012.
- Message delivered by the Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 notification system on 03:30, 28 October 2012 (UTC)
Ciao, scusami, ma non son sicuro di saperti aiutare. In teoria, poiché la licenza è sbagliata e non è colui che ha caricato l'immagine a poterla cambiare, dovrebbe poter essere corretta da chiunque altro. Puoi però domandare al Bar in italiano per maggior sicurezza. --Harlock81 (talk) 20:25, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
Reminder: Round 2 of Picture of the Year 2016 is open!
You are receiving this message because you voted in R1 of the 2016 Picture of the Year contest.
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the second round of the 2016 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eleventh edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2016) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year were entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
There are two total rounds of voting. In the first round, you voted for as many images as you liked. In Round 1, there were 1475 candidate images. There are 58 finalists in Round 2, comprised of the top 30 overall as well as the top #1 and #2 from each sub-category.
In the final round, you may vote for just one or maximal three image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 2 will end on 20 April 2017, 23:59:59 UTC.
--Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee 08:42, 16 April 2017 (UTC)