More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Federalist Papers, Dawson edition, p. cxix.png was uncategorized on 30 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Federalist Papers, Dawson edition, p. cxviii.png was uncategorized on 30 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Federalist Papers, Dawson edition, p. ciii.png was uncategorized on 28 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:56, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Federalist Papers, Dawson edition, p. cii.png was uncategorized on 28 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:56, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Democracy and Education page 339.jpg was uncategorized on 12 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:14, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
|File:Ancient Law second edition 1861 London John Murray page 328.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hello, I noticed that one of the images you uploaded here for Wikisource, Texas Woman Suffrage Association text ornament.jpg was not a text ornament but a printers' union label, just in such low resolution (not your fault, I checked the source) that it is nearly impossible to tell it apart from a misplaced ink blotch.
I further noticed that you reused it across a couple related documents, and I would normally "complain" because these are actually completely different labels for different unions, and if you squint your eyes just right, they actually have different, yet equally unreadable text. However, it's at such a low resolution that telling one from another practically takes a trained eye. This particular one that you uploaded seems to say something along the lines of "Allied Printing Trades Council Galveston", I think. Some months back I uploaded one with a similar arrangement and only very slightly better resolution: File:Allied Printing Trades Council, New York union label.png djr13 (talk) 18:16, 13 August 2014 (UTC)