I just checked the origin of the file, and the author does not permit any derivates nor commercial use for his photos, so this will not fit any license for the wikimedia foundation. If you can not get another license, this file (and Image:Jay McKee (2005).jpg as well) have to be deleted, sorry.
Best regards Georg
- OK. I didn't fully understand these licenses. I checked now my additions from the Flickr (last 7 pictures that I have added) the only one that is suitable is Image:William Hurt (2005).jpg. The others are originally licensed with Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 that doesn't fit with the wikimedia foundation's licenses. Damn. My mistake. --PtG 12:05, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- Hi, what I usually do is asking the author directly if he agrees to the cc-by-sa-2.5 license for the pcictures I chose.
- So you put the positive answer of the author into the description, and license it with cc-by-sa-2.5
- That is what I am doing normally. -- Xgeorg 06:50, 7 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for tips. I have done that, so I am now waiting for the answers. --PtG 12:28, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi PtG, sorry to have bad news for you again, but this file is not acceptable on commons. The source page does not explicitly state which rights a person who uses the files has. There is just a clause on correct attribution, but we cannot be sure if the copyright owner really grants user the right to freely use, share, and change the media, even for commercial usage. Sorry again, Code·is·poetry 11:21, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Tammi number retiring ceremony.JPG was uncategorized on 19 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:44, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Ilves HIFK alumni.JPG was uncategorized on 19 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:44, 20 December 2011 (UTC)