More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:1972 Illinois license plate.jpg is uncategorized since 12 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 14:12, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:1970 Illinois license plate.jpg is uncategorized since 12 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 14:12, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Georgia Dealer License Plate 2005.jpg is uncategorized since 14 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:08, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Argentina license plate unknown type.jpg is uncategorized since 1 February 2009. BotMultichillT 06:13, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Sure; taken care of for those two images. I must have overlooked those. Thanks for drawing my attention to them. Qqqqqq (talk) 18:32, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Wikimedia Commons does not accept derivative works of non-free works such as File:Public service announcement.JPG. It only accepts free content, which is images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk. The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that this file was not a derivative work of a non-free work, you may request undeletion.