|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 10:31, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Only Administrators can delete pages/images. I'm an administrator, but I can't find what you want to delete. Please link me that pdf that I can't find and I'll delete it ;-) Bye, --Filnik\b[Rr]ock\b!? 11:12, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 23:45, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Dächer von Lerici.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- I added a category description (it appeared red before). You might want to have it moved to Category:Photographs by User:RThiele. -- at 07:04, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- I think they are. There are features that can be used with categories, but not available otherwise (sample: Special:RecentChangesLinked/Category:User_de-N:RThiele).
- Besides, e.g. File:POL Lipno (jezioro w województwie pomorskim) 02.jpg isn't on Special:ListFiles&user=Leinad.
- BTW Category:Photographs by R. Thiele would be another (preferable) category name. -- at 08:43, 30 April 2011 (UTC)