|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
--EugeneZelenko 20:56, 10 June 2006 (UTC)
- Nor was it my upload -- I'm just tidying up the cameras category
Hi, sorry for not replying more quickly, I was on holidays and offline. Now, I looked at the OTRS email you mentioned and it is written in Czech. I, unfortunately, don't have any knowledge of the Czech language and am thus unable to answer your question. However, I can tell you that it was User:Zirland who handled the ticket and he should be able to find this out for you! Best wishes and sorry that I can't be of more help, --Mbimmler (talk) 12:22, 15 August 2008 (UTC)