Hi, I have used the free software "GIMP" to correct the color of your image. More precisely, I have opened your file with Gimp and use one of the options of the Color menu. In the French-language interface, one can use either "Luminosité/contraste" or "Courbes". I hope this will help. If you do not manage to do this yourself, I can do it, if you want. Yours, Frédéric (talk) 19:53, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you very much. I think I got it figured out. And the software also helped me with some other image editing issues I've been having! Rlendog (talk) 18:36, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:17, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Geoffroy Spider Monkey Hand 1.jpg is uncategorized since 4 June 2009.
- Image:Log cauchy CDF.pdf was uncategorized on 2 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:06, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Log cauchy PDF.pdf was uncategorized on 2 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:06, 3 November 2011 (UTC)