Hi, I think you created a really cool map showing NI in UK and in Europe. I was wondering if you would prepare the same sort of graphic showing Southern Ireland in the UK and in Europe. At the moment, the map there is a bit crude. Thanks. Frenchmalawi (talk) 02:50, 3 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Frenchmalawi I plan on making vector maps like that for w:Southern Ireland, w:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, w:Irish Free State, and w:History of Ireland (1801–1923), among others. I need to create the historical maps of Europe first however. I'll do them as soon as I can. Regards, Rob984 (talk) 14:13, 3 November 2014 (UTC)
'Is a tad out of date'
Thanks for you comment 'I think 1707 is a tad out of date' on [Talk:Great Britain]
Here is the history of the United Kingdom
- Kingdom of England and Kingdom of Scotland pre 1602
- United Kingdoms of England and Scotland 1603 - 1706
- United Kingdom of Great Britain 1707 - 1800
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland 1801 - 1921
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland 1922 to present
by only using the United Kingdom you mix up the above eras the history!
- @Mr Taz The United Kingdom has existed since 1801. The kingdom of Great Britain existed from 1707 to 1800. They both have there respective pages: United Kingdom and kingdom of Great Britain. As does the kingdom of England. What's the problem? Rob984 (talk) 21:58, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
|Pay attention to licensing||Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content: images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose.
File:Southern Ireland in the UK and Europe.svg seems to be free (or it would be proposed for deletion), but it was identified as having a wrong license. Usually, it is because a public domain image is tagged with a free license, or because the stated source or other information is not sufficient to prove the selected tag is correct. Please verify that you applied the correct license tag for this file.
If you believe this file has the correct license, please explain why on the file description page.
The reason given by the user who added this tag is: the file appears to be an uncredited (unattributed) derivative work of both Northern Ireland in the UK and Europe.svg (or one of its sister maps; for the zoomed map of the British Isles) and Blank map of Europe 1929-1938.svg (for the rest of the map), both of which are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence and are themselves derivatives of Blank map of Europe.svg. I believe the currently supplied license (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International) is compatible with this but the required attribution has not been supplied.
- There are also similar issues with other files you have uploaded i.e. Europe-United Kingdom (1921).svg, Europe-Great Britain.svg and Ireland in the UK and Europe.svg. Alphathon /'æɫfə.θɒn/ (talk) 15:40, 9 May 2015 (UTC)