User talk:Ross Burgess
Just edited the page for Hastings over at Wikipedia!
Added ... Image:Net_shops_Hastings.jpg|right|thumb|"Net shops"
LoopZilla 23:10, 31 Jan 2005 (UTC)
See you are also on that page... all yours!
LoopZilla 23:14, 31 Jan 2005 (UTC)
in fact I' am astonished that this horse is presented in turkey. I´ve integrated the good picturces in the german wikipedia.
CU --Herrick 07:18, 12 May 2005 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Ross Burgess!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Griff Vaughan Williams.jpg was uncategorized on 18 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:53, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
File tagging File:LGBT UK History Project Time Capsule logo.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:LGBT UK History Project Time Capsule logo.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.
- Hi Ross, I'm a volunteer for the email system and can give permission for self-created files like this. Drop me an email if you have any difficulties getting this sorted out.
- Mattbuck - Ross runs this project, so personally I would have left the declaration of own work on good faith. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 09:22, 13 November 2013 (UTC)
|File:Thierry Schaffauser.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
2A02:A03F:C78:5400:D8D3:2D7B:145D:3B31 12:03, 31 December 2013 (UTC)