Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:DiodeGenCharacteristics2.jpg was uncategorized on 9 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:11, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
Rome' s panorame
Hi Sussbrich, It has been two years since I first noticed that my picture of Rome which I uploaded on Flickr had been stolen from you and put on Wikipedia. I am proud to have a picture of mine in this popular site, but I' d like you stopped to sign it as yours!!! I' ve changed the author of the photo with my name loads of times, but you changed it again. PLEASE STOP! This is not in your copyright! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Maxbloki (talk • contribs) 4. Oktober 2011, 23:06 Uhr (UTC)
Sehr geehrte Autoren, meines Erachtens ist die Bildbeschriftung falsch. Es handelt sich offensichtlich um einen Legierungstransistor, bei dem das auf die Messingplatte gelötete Halbleiterplättchen den Basisanschluß vermittelt. Es sind also mindestens C und B vertauscht. Andreas Sürig, 2013 08 20
- Nein! Bei dieser Gehäuseform liegt in den mir bekannten Fällen der Kollektor immer am Gehäuse. EinBlick in ein Datenblatt eines 2N3055 zeigt, dass die gezeigte Anschlussbelegung richtig ist. Rsuessrb (talk) 10:43, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
|File:FlowchartingTemplateFull.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.