More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 06:18, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Honduras Gripe Porcina Casos.PNG is uncategorized since 3 June 2009.
about the use of "Wbar green2.jpg" =
Death in China
Its just Ive never seen it before. You seem like you know a lot, how come in the Honduran government offices and outside government buildings the flag you see is the traditional deep blue? Maybe you can fill me in! By the way, do you support Zelaya or Micheletti? I support Micheletti. --Swish
Hi, I and others were wondering if you would be so kind as to change Honduras' flag back to it's original form. The flag you have made is nice, and it looks reminiscent of Guatemala's flags color. But could you please consider changing it back, since as far as I know all the Honduras flags Ive ever seen have been that beautiful deep blue. Thanks! -Swish33 (talk)
Another flag image, Naval Ensign of Honduras.svg, depends on the colour scheme of Flag of Honduras.svg. If you change the blue colour in one image, you need to make the same colour change in the other image, or the first image you changed will be reverted. Thank you. -- Denelson83 (talk) 02:44, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- Please dig out e reliable source (with a link or digital copy whatever) for the "flag law". You currently 3RR or more. Matthew hk (talk) 00:02, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hola RubiksMaster, te solicitan que demuestres con una fuente fiable la ley donde se describe el color de la bandera, hazlo en la página de discusión de la imagen para que conste la referencia y no continúes revirtiendo la versión de la imagen hasta que se aclare la situación o tendré que proteger la página pero no con tu versión, ya que de todas las banderas que he encontrado online ninguna tienes ese color, es bastante más oscura, como esta. Un saludo. Anna (Cookie)
(talk) 23:42, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Hello Users, I must tell you I will retire from Wikimedia Commons , Wikipedia, Wikinews, Wikiversity and Wikisource for a certain time because of personal issues. When This goes better I will respond imediately your messages. I am really sorry. --Ricardo P. (talk) 03:35, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
I don't understand what you're talking about when you mention "honduran law"..
What flag flies outside the presidential palace? What flag flies inside the presidential palace? What about the flag at the UN? The one you insist on keeping up, or the one that others keep changing your's back to? ----Oak27 (talk) 04:30, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
Bandera de Honduras
Hola! He propuesto un cambio para la bandera de Honduras, pero antes de proceder me gustaría discutirlo y contar con la opinión de los que habían contribuido previamente. Se encuentra en la página de discusión del archivo de la bandera. Un saludo! --HansenBCN (talk) 11:51, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
|File:International School Tegucigalpa logo.png has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.