- The flying rumours gather'd as they roll'd,
- Scarce any tale was sooner heard than told;
- And all who told it added something new,
- And all who heard it made enlargements too,
- In every ear it spread, on every tongue it grew.
- Thus flying east and west, and north and south,
- News travell'd with increase from mouth to mouth.
- ~ Alexander Pope ~
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
With apologies for making your page untidy! Could you tell me "where" you found the vandalism that you reported? Hate saying it - but I am familiar with the picture as it has been used on Wikibooks a few times. Purely curiosity but thanks too --Herby talk thyme 11:53, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- I was browsing the wikiquote project and first noticed it near the bottom of the page for q:en:September 11, 2001 attacks, and then noticed that it was appearing on many other pages as well. I am still not sure why this was, exactly. I followed the link to the commons and posted an alert. ~ Rumour 03:16, 9 May 2007 (UTC)