- 1 File:Saz.jpg
- 2 File:Map of wiki language editions created in 2009.svg
- 3 Tip: Categorizing images
- 4 Template:Sisterincubator
- 5 File:Wikimedia_Belgium_logo.png
- 6 User:Babel AutoCreate
- 7 Template talk:Information
- 8 Internationalization of #babel extension does not seem to work
- 9 Vertaalproblemen in de uploadwizard
- 10 Update of the Compulsory voting.svg map regarding Chile.
- 11 Update of the Compulsory voting.svg map regarding Turkey.
- 12 State recognition of same-sex relationships (North America).svg
- 13 State recognition of same-sex relationships in Mexico map
- 14 File:Germanic languages in Europe.png
- 15 Help needed
- 16 File:Locaties van geplande projecten Neo, JUST en Uplace.png
- 17 File:Same sex marriage map Europe detailed.svg
- 18 Update again: File:Same sex marriage map Europe detailed.svg
- 19 File:World same-sex adoption laws.svg
- 20 File:Gay Adoption Map Europe.svg
- 21 File:United States Governors map.svg
|File:Saz.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot
- Also as a user I found that it was difficult to distinguish between countries as the colors that you have used are too near in the spectrum. Could you correct that problem? Thanks!
- Please see File:Map of wiki language editions created in 2007.svg, a new file with a different country border color. If this is better, I can update the other files with that color. SPQRobin (talk) 13:52, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:LTR content with RTL interface (after).png was uncategorized on 16 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:13, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Writing directions of the world.svg was uncategorized on 26 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:02, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
|Template:Sisterincubator has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this template, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it.
|File:Wikimedia_Belgium_logo.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Hi, Do you know who is controlling User:Babel AutoCreate? The bot created many user by language categories but did not format or categorize them the way other user by language categories are formatted and categorized. Are there plans to fix that or is the bot all done and local bots will need to fix it? If you know the answer please, comment in Commons:Bots/Work_requests#Babel_categories. Greetings --Jarekt (talk) 19:40, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
Internationalization of #babel extension does not seem to work
- That is the way it is coded, because otherwise, if it depends on the user language, the cache is broken. See bug 27793. SPQRobin (talk) 12:48, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
Vertaalproblemen in de uploadwizard
Update of the Compulsory voting.svg map regarding Chile.
Can you update your map File:Compulsory voting.svg by changing the color of Chile to yellow, because Chile has abolished compulsory voting in 2011. Thank you. Source: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11147819-compulsory-voting-eliminated-in-chile — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
Update of the Compulsory voting.svg map regarding Turkey.
I didn't vote for the last 8 years in Turkish elections (general and municipal), however I have never been fined. I know many people who not only did not vote in past elections, there are also those who registered but never voted in their lives, and they all said to me that they were never fined either.
In Turkey, according to a law passed by the parliament in 1986, if an eligible elector does not cast a vote in the elections, then they pay a fee of about 5 Turkish lira (about $3 US). However in reality, this law is not enforced at all.
State recognition of same-sex relationships (North America).svg
- Hmm, as the ban is still in place it would need to be half red / half blue, similar to Oregon, and I don't really know how to do that. I'll see if I can try. SPQRobin (talk) 12:47, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
It doesn't have to be striped actually. Oregon is striped as Civil Union/Recognition NOT Civil Union/Recognition/Same-sex marriage ban. Why? Because the key says "No recognition, only same-sex marriage officially banned" and "No recognition, same-sex marriage and civil unions banned." This doesn't apply to Oregon nor Kentucky because they have recognition. Otherwise, Oregon would have to be tripled striped.--Prcc27 (talk) 01:20, 19 March 2014 (UTC) Also, states that have "other partnerships" aren't double striped as well. --Prcc27 (talk) 01:27, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
Can you update the map to reflect 2 additional changes? Idaho ban was overturned May 13, 2014 appeal hearing scheduled for September 8, 2014 in 9th Circuit Court. Marriage legal in Coahuila, Mexico as of today. 188.8.131.52 01:18, 3 September 2014 (UTC)susun
- I did Coahuila earlier today, and I updated Idaho now. Thanks, SPQRobin (talk) 02:44, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
State recognition of same-sex relationships in Mexico map
Love the new map! Been working on this page for a week, as there was lots of missing data. Map shows 9 states where individual marriages have been performed. Actually are 20 documented locations Aguascalientes, Baja California, Campeche, Chihuahua, Colima, Durango, Guanajuato, Jalisco, State of Mexico, Michoacán, Morelos, Nayarit, Nuevo León, Oaxaca, Querétaro, San Luis Potosí, Sinaloa, Sonora, Veracruz and Yucatán. (There have also been individual cases in Quintana Roo and one that appears to have been illegal in Guerrero. And Puebla has had no marriages but has had a recognition case.) 184.108.40.206 21:40, 3 September 2014 (UTC)susun
- I added a few more rings now, for the missing states where it was clear that a couple was able to marry. Also, thanks a lot for keeping the Wikipedia article up to date! You should consider creating an account :) SPQRobin (talk) 21:34, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
I have an account, it just won't let me sign in most of the time. I have no idea why. Thanks for the updates. Will keep updating the page. Wish I knew someone who spoke better Spanish than me to update the Spanish language page. 220.127.116.11 14:24, 20 September 2014 (UTC)Susun
- Any chance you could put the names on the states? Would be most helpful. Please update Querétaro's first wedding occurred 4 October, 2014. Thank you 18.104.22.168 15:21, 5 October 2014 (UTC)Susun
- Can you add Veracruz to the ones with circles? The first couple was married there 6 December, 2014. Thanks. SusunW (talk) 16:57, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- IMO, it is an easy visual to see where success has happened. But, it either needs to be current or we need to scrap the circles all together. There are still states wherein no amparo has been granted: Tabasco, Hidalgo, Edomex, etc. and to my knowledge none has been even filed in Zacatecas. SusunW (talk) 20:35, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- Done. I tried placing it more or less on the actual location. SPQRobin (talk) 20:46, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
|File:Germanic languages in Europe.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
18:00, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi. I see you constantly update the map File:Map of Mexico, gay rights.svg. As I can't edit .SVG files I'd like to know if you can help me with the unrelated map File:Mexico time zones map.svg. As this is the only .SVG map we have since Quintana Roo was given a new time zone, I'd like it to be corrected. I asked the uploader to make changes, but he hasn't answered. It just need two changes: To color Sonora into another color (Sonora's time zone is UTC-7 the whole year), this color also needs to be added into the "Husos horarios de México" infobox saying "Tiempo del Pacífico UTC-7". And the second, to correct the infobox so it can say "Tiempo del Sureste UTC-5", as Quintana Roo's time zone is UTC-5 the whole year as well. I like to know if you can help me with these corrections. Thanks for your attention. Tbhotch™ 23:46, 13 February 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm not an expert in SVG editing either, so I made these changes, except that I don't know how to make the red lines between the time zones. So I can either remove the other red lines, or you can ask someone else to fix that :) Also, apparently the text was somehow not actual text (I suppose converted into shapes?); I replaced these with actual text so now you can always easily edit the labels. Feel free to ask if I can help you with anything else. Regards, SPQRobin (talk) 21:40, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
|File:Locaties van geplande projecten Neo, JUST en Uplace.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
Republic Cyprus should be marked in map in blue.
- Cyprus is blue. And as far as I know Guernsey isn't final yet. "Legislation now needs to be drawn up to enact the policy". SPQRobin (talk) 02:20, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
Update again: File:Same sex marriage map Europe detailed.svg
- I heard about it, but someone was quicker than me. I wasn't sure whether it needed to be signed by the president first. SPQRobin (talk) 02:18, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
Can you mark Portugal in both maps ?
Queer.de: Nach Machtwechsel, Portugal: Adoptionsrecht für Homo-Paare beschlossen (german) --22.214.171.124 07:12, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- That wasn't the final vote; that happened more recently: http://www.dn.pt/portugal/interior/votacao-final-17-deputados-do-psd-votaram-a-favor-da-adocao-plena-4943871.html Though I'd prefer to wait until the president signs it into law, then it's completely final. SPQRobin (talk) 17:05, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
The second and last vote was on 18th December 2015. Here you can read:
Fist vote: November 2015. Second vote: 18 December 2015. The president of Portugal should habe now already signed that law. We have now 15th January 2016 --Retu5643 (talk) 22:37, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
- Apparently it was right for me to wait, as the president vetoed it. SPQRobin (talk) 18:40, 25 January 2016 (UTC)