More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 01:02, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Rock Kestrek SMTC.jpg was uncategorized on 11 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:17, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Wood Duck SMTC.jpg was uncategorized on 31 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:15, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
I use one of your photos
I have use a photo of Anas bahamensis from wikimedia in my free software educational proyect "Animalandia" (http://herramientas.educa.madrid.org/animalandia)
You can see directly in the follow link and click over "Siguiente" ("Next"):
If you wish (and I hope yes), you can send me (via firstname.lastname@example.org) some letters or/and a photo for your "contributor profile" in Animalandia:
I want show to my students (and so everybody) that Animalandia is make for "real person", and I can tell them about "generosity", "share" and other similar words that we use very few at this time...
This is my "contributor profile" and others, for example, (I think that you know well to Dick Daniels ;-)
In the future, I use more of your photos, I sure!
Thank you for the licence and, of course, for your splendid photos!!
Best wishes for you and Dick,