Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 06:17, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Crocus oiekroon.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:Myosotis arvensis ois.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:Centaurea cyanus oiekroon.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:Fragaria ois.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:Juglans mandshurica leht sygisel.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:Datura leht 1.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:Taraxacum seemned lendkarvadega.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:Epilobium angustifolium viljade valmimisel.JPG is uncategorized since 23 June 2009.
- Image:K6rrerooste estonia.jpg was uncategorized on 8 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:15, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
Please remember to click the link given on the page after you saved it, to upload the image. 23:39, 9 April 2010 (UTC)
ID of File:Stellaria holostea Mets-tähthein estonia.tif changed
I moved your image File:Stellaria holostea Mets-tähthein estonia.tif to Category:Unidentified Cerastium, because it does not show a Stellaria species. The leaves would be very atypical for Stellaria holostea and the image in its highest resolution shows dense hairs on the flower pedicel. Best regards, Robert Flogaus-Faust (talk) 20:18, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
--126.96.36.199 13:28, 2 August 2017 (UTC)