User talk:Sergio Fabris
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
-- 16:36, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Sergio Fabris!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Quadratur Konstruktion.jpg was uncategorized on 9 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 21:59, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Telegraph Kodak negativ24b klein.jpg was uncategorized on 11 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:21, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
[[Category:Quadratur]][[Category:Winkel]][[Category:Geometry]][[Category:Doubling the cube]][[Category:Squaring the circles]][[Category:Geometry]][[Category:Diagrams]][[Category:Circles]][[Category:Angles]][[Category:Rhombus]][[Category:kodak]][[Category:Photographs]][[Category:analog]][[Category:Doubling the cube]][[Category:Squaring the circles]][[Category:Geometry]][[Category:Diagrams]][[Category:Kodak films]][[Category:Angles]][[Category:Rhombus]][[Category:Kiev_rangefinder_cameras]]
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it, please read the text above again and follow the links in it,if you still need help ask at the ->Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 21:02, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 21:10, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
|Hello, Sergio Fabris. You have new messages at Ellin Beltz's talk page.
|File:Religion towards same destination reichsapfel.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
|File:Sailor ship painting texture segel.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.