User talk:Shanghai killer whale
Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
-- 08:20, 24 April 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Paintbrush Icon.png was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:37, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Paintbrush screenshot.png was uncategorized on 22 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:37, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Myalgia of the biceps brachii.jpg was uncategorized on 5 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:49, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
Myalgia pictures legendary brah...
Hi Shanghai killer whale,
I wanted to touch base with you before using your photo "Sufferers of Malaise often report a feeling of being unwell." https://id.wiktionary.org/wiki/malaise#/media/File:Malaise.JPG I see there may be a model license involved. I am working on MEpedia, for ME/CFS, a free Wiki. Here is one of the pages, Chronic fatigue syndrome. https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome
I was thinking of using this photo on a few pages on MEpedia, cropped, but I am not certain of the country this photo was taken in as I am reviewing the laws on use. Please let me know.
- Thanks. I cropped the image and used it on two pages. I think they work well. Hopefully others in charge of MEpedia will think they work. It is really hard to find images that capture the illness.
File:Paintbrush screenshot.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.