|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Petit rorqual rdl.jpg was uncategorized on 15 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:55, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
Don't over-categorize, please!
Please don't over-categorize your images. For instance your File:Fanons rorqualbleu.jpg is VERY over-categorized. Please avoid more mistakes like this and study Commons:Categories before you upload more images. -- Ies (talk) 17:00, 18 August 2011 (UTC)