User talk:Simon Burchell
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Simon Burchell!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Calakmul Structure 13.jpg was uncategorized on 20 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. ZooFari 23:22, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
I just realized that the move of that monument head file was a minor mistake on my part. According to Commons:File renaming#Which files should not be renamed? (3), the conflicting file on the local wiki should be renamed and not the one here. I guess we just learned something together. ;) INeverCry 23:23, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
- Oops. Obvious when you think about it really. Thanks for the move anyway. Best regards, Simon Burchell (talk) 23:29, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
- File:Gibbet Hill, Hindhead NT sign.jpg
- File:Kingsley Green National Trust sign.jpg
- File:Marley Combe National Trust sign, Camelsdale.JPG
- File:NT Copse and Mariners Rewe sign.jpg
- File:NT Harting Down sign.jpg
- File:NT St Catherine's Lock sign.jpg
- File:NT Stonebridge Wharf sign.jpg
- File:NT Swan Barn Farm sign.jpg
- File:NT Unstead Lock sign.jpg
- File:NT Woolbeding sign.jpg
- File:Polecat Copse NT sign, Haslemere.jpg
- File:Shottermill Ponds NT sign 1.JPG
- File:Shottermill Ponds NT sign 2.JPG
- File:Valewood Park National Trust sign.jpg -mattbuck (Talk) 21:15, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
|File:Cipatli trim.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Please see Category talk:St. Luke's Church, Milland (interior). --Túrelio (talk) 15:50, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up, I've replied on the talk page. All the best, Simon Burchell (talk) 22:55, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
Image Permissions Inquiry
I am working on behalf of a non-profit museum in Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S. called The CENTER for PUPPETRY ARTS. We are interested in acquiring the license rights to your image at this link:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Simon_Burchell#/media/File:Bilbao_1.jpg . The image will be used in an exhibition on permanent display for their global wing highlighting the history and celebration of the art of puppetry worldwide.
I wanted to confirm if this use comes under the creative commons license or do we need to license the image directly from you.We would also require the largest file size you have available. If you can get back to me via email email@example.com how best to move forward I would appreciate it.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
My very best,
Tara Farrell Clearance Supervisor
- Hi Tara, I have release this photo under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3 license, and you are free to reuse it, so long as you attribute it to me. Note that this photo was scanned from a hard copy, so this is the highest available resolution - if I can dig out the original, I could scan it in a higher resolution, if that helps, but I can't really vouch for the quality of the result... Simon Burchell (talk) 14:51, 25 June 2015 (UTC)