- 1 Quality Image Promotion
- 2 your picture file [Roadrunner Albuquerque, NM1.JPG]
- 3 Tip: Categorizing images
- 4 File:See_em_at_my_Museum_Poem.PNG
- 5 Vasectomy Photo
- 6 File:18-hour meeting reminder.jpg
- 7 rash picture use request
- 8 File:18-hour meeting reminder.jpg
- 9 Problem with Albuquerque, New Mexico pics
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! File:Cane cholla, with flower, Albuquerque.JPG, which was produced or nominated by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
your picture file [Roadrunner Albuquerque, NM1.JPG]
I´m a Wikipedian of the german version and providing a service by a "voluntary ecological year" in Germany. In touch of my work in the ecological sector and the fact, that the Cockoo has been chosen as "the bird of the year 2008" by "NABU" (http://nabu.de/) and "LBV" (http://www.lbv.de/) at the time I´m building up a characteristic of Cockoo (Cuculus canorus). This characteristic is going to be printed this year and used for giving informations to the visitors of the Bavarian State Office of Enviroment. Therefor I wanted to place a photography of a related Cuculiformes to Cuculus canorus. On the search in internet of a good image I came across to your photo of Geococcyx californianus. Now I wanted to ask you if you would allow me, to use your file for this characteristic. The characteristis won´t be used for commercial activities.
P.S.: Sorry for my bad english ;)
Hi Steve, Thanks for allwoing me to use your file. But as it seems I will have to try to brighten the file a little bit up. Hope you won´t be angry of that. Unfortunately the characteristic won´t be placed at the internet. But if you would want, I could take a picture of the characteristic and send it to you. By the way: Do you want to be named as the author of the picture? If so, send me please the name I should write on it. If you would have some more good pictures of the roadrunner and you would like to show me them, I would be glad to take a look on them. best wishes DaVid--Night-fever 10:17, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
Hi Steve, Now the charactereisticof the Cockoo ready so far. I could send you the PDF-data of the characteristic. You only should give me an e-mail-adress where I can sent it to. Night-fever 06:44, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I saw a photo on WIKI that I am pretty sure you posted. It is of the Michigan Fab Five. If you are the holder to these rights, please contact me at email@example.com. I would like to know how to obtain a copy of this photo. Thank you.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 01:58, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Microtiter plates, Wash U Human YAC Library, 1993.JPG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:See em at my Museum Poem.PNG was uncategorized on 3 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:58, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:U Arizona Open Access Week October 25, 2011.jpg was uncategorized on 27 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:09, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
|File:See_em_at_my_Museum_Poem.PNG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hello Skoch3, Can you elaborate on the photo you submitted for the vasectomy article? It appears to have suture marks. Also, I see only one access point, while you had indicated there are two. I would like to consider this photo for one of the sections of the article but want to work out details before-hand.
Thank you in advance,Dijcks 01:03, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- Skoch3 (talk) 21:01, 30 April 2011 (UTC) It is a photo following "no-scalpel, no-needle vasectomy". The anaesthetic is applied with high pressure instead of needle. I think that is the wound in the center of the photo. There are four other smaller wounds on either side of the anaesthetic site. Two for each of the vas deferens. The vas deferens is extracted with a forceps--no scalpel is used. Then the procedure is carried out external to the testicle and the severed, plugged, cauterized vas deferens are returned to the inside of the testicle. The procedure is described here: http://www.cornellurology.com/infertility/no_needle.shtml
- Yes, it is. I should have used another file. I was just testing whether tags I added to the exif information would be read by Mediawiki if I added them with Microsoft Photo Gallery (they were). I don't know how to delete the file, do you? --Skoch3 (talk) 20:40, 6 September 2013 (UTC)
rash picture use request
Thank you for your many photos. I am particularly interested in your picture labeled "File:Amoxicillin rash 11 hours after 17th dose.JPG".
I am making a video trying to explain allergies and showing reactions so that people can recognize the signs and symptoms. Would you give me permission to use your photo? I would be happy to list you in the credits at the end of the video if you would like.
I am asking permission specifically to:
1. verify that you were the creator of the image and therefore have all rights to grant permission use
2. ask that I be released from the "share alike" condition that you stated on your Wikimedia Commons licensing. I am putting a great amount of work into an accurate video that can be a helpful tool and I don't want people taking excerpts of my finished video and sharing, remixing, and adapting freely, especially without being able to verify that the information remains medically correct.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I am very grateful for your commitment to education and information sharing and hope that you will consider letting me use your image. I've never done a Wikimedia Commons request before so I hope I am following the proper procedure and etiquette.
Permission to use / release copyright
Skoch3 (talk) 16:12, 18 September 2013 (UTC): Hi Anne, I am very happy to have you use the photo and to adjust the copyright for you to not share-alike. Credit would be nice if that's not too difficult. If you can remember, I would love a link to the final product!
Anne b design (talk) 22:39, 18 September 2013 (UTC)Fantastic! Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your time and generosity - to say nothing of your speedy response! You've been so very helpful and I will be happy to share a link with you when I get up and running. I'm not sure how to send you that information other than this forum which may not be ideal? As I said, I'm very new to Wikimedia Commons. Thanks again!! I will list you in the credits as Skoch3 unless you would like something different. Would you also like me to list "Wikimedia Commons" alongside your name?
Skoch3 (talk) 17:27, 18 September 2013 (UTC): Whatever works best for you. "Steve Koch" would be fine. And a link here I will probably notice because I get email updates. Best wishes for your project!
Anne b design (talk) 22:39, 18 September 2013 (UTC)Thank you so much! Will do on your name preference! Thanks again for your community minded sharing of resources! I really do appreciate the image - it has been challenging to find accurate medical images with a method of getting permission rights. (Sorry that my response seems to not be cited to me and just appears below yours. I'm not sure how to enter the system properly to add a reply.)
|File:18-hour meeting reminder.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
- Considering grabbed from internet. Per User talk:Skoch3#File:18-hour meeting reminder.jpg (see above) apparently a test upload... Gunnex (talk) 06:14, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
Problem with Albuquerque, New Mexico pics
Hi. I've been having a problem with some Albuquerque, New Mexico pics in which you're involved. I was told I should contact you. I'm not sure how to interpret the technical language of what I've been told, but could you respond to this discussion? Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 20:09, 17 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. I've been waiting for you to respond at the discussion, and now the discussion has been archived again. Can you please help with those images? Nightscream (talk) 06:24, 5 January 2014 (UTC)