More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 23:06, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
|Nome_gold_rush has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this gallery, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Nome 1900 dredge.jpg was uncategorized on 1 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:13, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Nome-1906-roald-amundsen.jpg was uncategorized on 5 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:14, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Fort-davis-1909.jpg was uncategorized on 5 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:14, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Klondike-nome-1899.jpg was uncategorized on 5 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:14, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Ikke-navngivet-8.jpg was uncategorized on 9 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:23, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
|File:Klondike-stamp.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
File source is not properly indicated: File:Klondike Routes Map detail.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Klondike Routes Map detail.jpg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.