|Hello, Splette. You have new messages at DaveBurke's talk page.
|Hello, Splette. You have new messages at SharkD's talk page.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Kirk's Retort.png was uncategorized on 16 January 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Nucleosome1.png was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 20:56, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- I am currently not in Germany and don't have the file with me. I can take care of it when I get back. Splette (talk) 18:06, 16 February 2010 (UTC)
Can you lift the text 'Somalia' a little bit up? Because Somalia lies a bit more north. And the road never reached Kenya and northern Tanzania. Thanks in advance. Runehelmet (talk) 12:10, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Can you explain me why are some lines bliue and others red? Thank you! --184.108.40.206 09:22, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Red is land route and the blue is the sea/water route. Your welcome.Runehelmet (talk) 19:32, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
You are of course right. Somalia was misplaces. The reason was because I just stuck to the original image. I have now fixed the label. If you need anything else, leave me a message on my English WP talk page because I rarely check messages here. Splette (talk) 10:17, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
- Ohh please... the image was used for 2 years on 50 different wikipedia pages and noone noticed the typo...
|File:Womanpower logo.svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.