|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
--EugeneZelenko 19:44, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
Hi, this picture is identical with
up to a copyright mark ("copyright by APA = Austrian Press Agency"). Are you really the original author? If yes: Did you sell it to the press agency without having to transfer the rights? Thank you. --18.104.22.168 00:02, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm the original author of this painting. The APA (Austrian Press Agency) wrongly copyrighted as their work. But the APA is just an association not a designer's office. No, I neither didn't get paid for it nor I never transfered the copyright status. I'm actually prepairing filing a lawsuit for this violation against APA.
- So please help undelete the warning. I'm not familiar with Wikicommons. Thanks. --Stiffer 23:20, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Kampusch Dungeon.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests. If you feel that this image should not be deleted, please go there to voice your opinion on its entry.
22.214.171.124 20:45, 27 August 2006 (UTC) .
Hello User:Stiffer, please provide a good explanation regarding the doubts about your upload (see here), thank you very much! If your statements here are not altogether correct, I would suggest you to retract the image as soon as possible. With best regards --126.96.36.199 11:25, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
Vandalism is not appreciated
You have vandalized the content of Wikimedia Commons. Please stop. If you continue making inappropriate edits you may be blocked from editing Commons. You may test freely in the sandbox. Jaqen 18:21, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, that was just my annual April Fool's joke! :-) --Stiffer 20:26, 1 April 2008 (UTC)