Neither you nor Centpacrr is the "author" for the purpose of Wikimedia copyright tags -- the author is the Associated Press reporter, and the copyright holder would still be the Associated Press. AnonMoos 21:58, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
Orgullomoore 22:02, 25 March 2007 (UTC)Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --
I don't see any problem with relicensing the modified image under the same terms as the original -- you just have to clearly indicate that the original image is your source. AnonMoos 17:56, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
|File:Admirals de Hampton Roads.gif has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 09:37, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Cognac santé.jpg was uncategorized on 20 September 2009.
- Image:France blank Magnus 2011.png was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 04:26, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:National Hockey League team locations fr 2012.png was uncategorized on 6 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:28, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 18:01, 23 May 2012 (UTC)
Quote: It's not a personnal work but a pic from a copyrighted website. --Supertoff
This is untrue. Meanwhile a couple of years ago, I asked several hockey clubs by email, where Robert Müller played, if they can make a photo available. The ice hockey team Kölner Haie gave that photo to me via email for using it here as specified. By myself, I have edited the image and eliminated noise. It is NOT from a website. C-8 (talk) 10:06, 17 February 2015 (UTC)