More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Effektivvärde.svg was uncategorized on 14 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:39, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Right-orientated-coordinate-system.svg was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 04:34, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Scalar-product-dot-product.svg was uncategorized on 28 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 04:34, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Vector-definition.svg was uncategorized on 30 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 09:35, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:ComplexaTalplanet-2.svg was uncategorized on 8 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:09, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:KomplextAbsolutbelopp.svg was uncategorized on 9 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:34, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Parallellkoppling-3.svg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:32, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Seriekoppling-1.svg was uncategorized on 10 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:32, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Fasreferens.svg was uncategorized on 12 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:48, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Triangel-liksidig-likbent.svg was uncategorized on 15 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:21, 16 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Angular-velocity.svg was uncategorized on 18 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 20:15, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Triangle-centroid-find.svg was uncategorized on 21 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 19:10, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Determinant-as-area.svg was uncategorized on 7 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:12, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Gauss-elimination-pic1-x3.svg was uncategorized on 9 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:00, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Gauss-elimination-pic2-x3.svg was uncategorized on 9 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:00, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Sameslöjd.JPG was uncategorized on 22 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:48, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Torque asynch motor-2.svg was uncategorized on 21 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:16, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
File:Andrey Kolmogorov Novod 10-2.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Clarissy. 21:13, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:Aperiodisk-växelstorhet.svg
|This media may be deleted.|
A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Aperiodisk-växelstorhet.svg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.Please add the required information for this and other files you have uploaded before adding more files. If you need assistance, please ask at the help desk. Thank you!
Yours sincerely, 1989 16:52, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:04, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
File:The basic 3-phase configurations.svg
It looks like your file File:The basic 3-phase configurations.svg is based on the older file File:3-faskopplingar.svg by SiriusA. Could you confirm that this is true? If that is the case I would suggest you adding a link to the original image on your file. --IngenieroLoco (talk) 14:03, 30 December 2015 (UTC)