BUG: Borders are doubled
e.g. In the latest SVG of Germany, borders around Dusseldorf are doubled, there are 2 lines of border. I was good in previous versions.
Would you please fix this.
- Same in Franconia. Don't really know what happened here. Will take a look at it. Need some time though. --TUBS 08:48, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
Italy location maps update
Hello TUBS, I am a user of it.wikipedia and I would like to ask you a great courtesy: a series of location maps of Italy that you have created need an update.
This is the most important map to update, since it is used in every voice of Italian municipalities. I noticed that user NordNordWest has successfully updated his own map, which is very similar to yours, with the passage of Montecopiolo e Sassofeltrio municipalities form region Marche to Emilia-Romagna (2021). The same job should be done in your map and furthermore it's necessary to move the borders of the municipality of Sappada from region Veneto to Friuli-Venezia Giulia (2017) and of the municipality of Torre de' Busi from the province of Lecco to the province of Bergamo (2018). Also it seems to me that the province of Bergamo has a lighter color on the map than all the other provinces.
The same variations above should be made to every map of yours contained in this category and also in these sub-categories. Thank you very much for your help. --Krepideia (talk) 22:56, 3 April 2022 (UTC)
First question: Is the updated map by NNW now 100% correct? Is it taken changes concerning the municicipality of Sappada and of the municipality of Torre de' Busi into acccount? --TUBS 08:37, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
- Plus, my locator maps are outdated anyway. NNW overhauled this map series in 2019. His maps are labeled xxx (2018).svg. I won't update my locator maps. They are superseded by NNW's work anyway. My maps are kept for historical/documentation purposes only. I just wanted to promote this specific design pattern and file format. I succeeded. The plan was that other local users build from this base and update maps if needed. Are NNW's (2018)-locator maps also outdated? Please tell him. He's maybe willing to update the maps again. Fortunately, if he doesn't have the time to do so, Italian wiki creators have proven that they can (and probably will) update maps themselves. And that's actually what I would prefer: local users must take responsibility for "their" maps. --TUBS 08:47, 6 April 2022 (UTC)
File:United States in its region (Northern Mariana Islands special).svg requires updating
Thank you for your contributions to Commons. I noticed File:United States in its region (Northern Mariana Islands special).svg is out of date. The State of Hawaiʻi must be colored the same color as the rest of the United States of America, otherwise a false impression is given that the State of Hawaiʻi is not a part of the United States of America. Could you update it? Thanks again. Geographyinitiative (talk) 17:21, 16 May 2022 (UTC)
- Retreat your deletion request first. I won't fix this map as long it's nominated for deletion. --TUBS 08:47, 17 May 2022 (UTC)
File:United States in its region (Northern Mariana Islands special).svg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.
Update File:Odessa in Ukraine.svg
Hi. File:Odessa in Ukraine.svg could do with an update to its oblast borders: compare File:Ukraine location map.svg (c.2016) against File:Ukraine adm location map improved.svg (c. 2018), File:Ukraine adm location map.svg (c.2022) and File:Odessa Oblast 2020 subdivisions.jpg (2020). Changes are prominent near w:Kodyma, for instance. Thanks. —
AlphaMikeOmega (talk) 18:19, 18 June 2022 (UTC)
- Due to the war in Ukraine, I won't touch these maps currently. Let's see what happens when the dust settles. This could be years in the future. --TUBS 12:08, 19 June 2022 (UTC)
Update Pernambuco's Claimed Area
Could you update this map that you've created years ago? (https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pernambuco#/media/Ficheiro:Pernambuco_in_Brazil.svg)
Pernambuco (https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pernambuco), claimes the Comarca do Rio de São Francisco (https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comarca_do_Rio_de_S%C3%A3o_Francisco%7CComarca do Rio de São Francisco) against Bahia. (https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahia)
Maybe you could update the map with light red like this: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Venezuela_Orthographic_Map.svg.
- That's not within the scope of my map project. Unfortunately, I don't have time to take inner national border disputes into account. Transnational disputes already keep me busy :-) Interesting btw. How does that work politically? Is there not a central authority (like a supreme court) that has settled this issue? --TUBS 08:51, 29 June 2022 (UTC)
Could we rename this image to "continental Portugal", since it does not include the Azores and Madeira regions? Or better yet, add the regions?
220.127.116.11 22:43, 28 June 2022 (UTC)
- Well. Of course you could request a name change. Fine by me. I favor a simpler name though as long there's not another file depicting the islands. I created some maps like → this one showing the islands, but I'm too stupid to do such globe maps by myself. I used whatever template I was able to find on Commons (most maps are based on this map series. by various contributors. None had the islands. Too small, I presume. Please ask the map workshop whether they are able to create such a high resolution map using Natural Earth or GMT (or whatever they use to create such globe maps). --TUBS 09:03, 29 June 2022 (UTC)
Kindly fix your uploaded these , maps hatched claimed area is not showing on files. 18.104.22.168 18:57, 21 July 2022 (UTC)
AfaIct that's the fault of Wikimedia's built-in render engine. It shows up just fine in most other interpreters like the one built into Google chrome. I don't know how to fix this issue. --TUBS 19:09, 21 July 2022 (UTC)
Karte vom Kreis Bünde
Moin,  Deine Karte ist fehlerhaft. Der Reinberger Hagen (bei Dir Reineburg) gehörte nicht zu Holsen und zum Kirchspiel Schnatthorst, sondern zu Ahlen-Reinberg und zum Kirchspiel Hüllhorst. Du hast den Zipfel wohl etwas zu weit östlich gesetzt. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Flk-Brdrf (talk • contribs) 08:22, 27 July 2022 (UTC)
- Vermutlich richtig. Karte müsste man mal überarbeiten so dass die wieder zur Tabelle passt. Mittlerweile ist der Artikel genauer und von den Wiki-Autoren wurden mehr Quellen gefunden (vgl. auch Disk-Seite). Wenn du willst kannst du das gerne korrigieren. Weiß nicht ob ich dafür zumindest zeitnah Zeit finde. Glück – Ab! --TUBS 09:53, 27 July 2022 (UTC)