Welcome to Wikimedia Commons, Thib Phil!
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Thib Phil!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
This will make the diagram show up in the categories "Astronomical diagrams" and "Comets".
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
) 11:11, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
23:42, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
23:22, 1 November 2014 (UTC)
Hi, I will stop going through * way of life categories for today and continue doing so tomorrow. In the meantime, please do not create or categorise anything into * way of life categories without establishing clear consensus at an appropriate venue (such as the Village pump) first. Thanks for your understanding. FDMS 4 02:33, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Those cats exist now for more than two years and there were no consensus on dedicated discussion pages to suppress them. So what's the game ? Thib Phil (talk) 02:36, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Please see the CFD page – for over two years, you were the only one supporting this category "scheme". FDMS 4 02:38, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- I never supported anything, I didn't even took any part in the discussions, leaving the Community to decide. You are not the Community and, as far as I know, you didn't received no mandate to destroy my job .. Thib Phil (talk) 02:41, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Well, on the mentioned CFD page you opposed the deletion of * way of life categories, and therefore supported their existence. Three users and the closer (me) supported the deletion/redirecting of the categories, and two user made other comments. Everyone can close CFDs (usually after at least 14 days), see COM:CFD. I would be happy to discuss alternative category schemes to achieve your goals. FDMS 4 02:45, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Further discussion on Commons:Bistro. See you .. Thib Phil (talk) 02:52, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- I don't speak French, and I'm going to bed now. See you tomorrow. FDMS 4 02:54, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- I assume that most people do at least unterstand english languagge. If not, I can help you translate. G'd night. Thib Phil (talk) 02:56, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
Good morning. I've noticed that you've created * way of life user subpages. Great! Please fill them with media, then you can move them to the mainspace (gallery), and even categorise them. It is always clear that the media files gallery pages contain are only a selection made by the involved contributors. Please click here and use ⌘ Cmd+F / Ctrl+F to find images that I've removed from * way of life categories. Please let me know if you object the deletion/redirecting of the remaining * way of life categories. FDMS 4 14:35, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Hop, FDMS4 ! The purpose of the cats was to illustrate entries on FR-WP ( "Vie quotidienne ...." ) but I can link them with pages as well so THX for the advise ! Thib Phil (talk) 22:10, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- If you want me to, I can delay the deletion/redirecting of the 17th and 18th century * way of life categories for you. FDMS 4 23:43, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Okay: as soon as I would have published the dedicated pages, I will tell you Thib Phil (talk) 08:07, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
Hallo Thib Phil, Wouldn't the two warfare cats better include to the whole painting?--Oursana (talk) 11:00, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Oursana. Just do as you think the best !!! Cheers Thib Phil (talk) 11:02, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
Avis de suppressions
@ Thibaut120094: OK, vu. Bien à toi Thib Phil (talk) 13:27, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
20:45, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
) 13:48, 30 September 2016 (UTC)