More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Monozygotic
- 2 File renaming
- 3 Your statement
- 4 Tip: Categorizing images
- 5 File:Function x^2.svg
- 6 File source is not properly indicated: File:1921. AG 1922 - D. Francisco Portela Pérez 2.jpg
- 7 strips
- 8 File:Kigali Departure Hall.jpg
- 9 File tagging File:Vitthal Patil - Choreographer - Actor - Director.jpeg
- 10 Wiki Loves Earth 2015 - die Organisatoren sagen Danke
- 11 Der WLM-Countdown hat begonnen
- 12 Music intervals frequency ratio equal tempered pythagorean comparison
- 13 Wiki Loves Earth 2016
- 14 Small error in fixing diagram
I've moved File:KB Hungary.svg as you requested however I'd just thought I'd let you know a bot (CommonsDelinker) processes the renaming of files across all wikis. At the moment there is quite a backlog of images for it to go through so if you want to do it yourself, go right ahead. Regards 07:37, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- I would, but I didn't realize that the wick list wouldn't be saved. Is there another way to check which projects used the old filename? Trlkly (talk) 07:47, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
Your statement here is inappropriate. The two people arguing for the image have no background in copyright and have misstated things about the cases. Furthermore, the only case law they have used regards a smooth, blue bottle with simple gold font, and the case made it clear that they did not declare if Skyy had the right to copyright the look but only that a person who took a later image could not prevent Skyy from licensing others from taking pictures of the bottle. The case was also not infront of the Supreme Court so does not have the ability to determine precise Constitutional precedence, especially when a later case declared that minor alterations to common items can be copyrightable. At no time can the picture of the man be said to be copyrightable, which Dcoetzee points out. Dcoetzee is a long term admin with a strong background in copyright. Ottava Rima (talk) 23:07, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- I've opened Commons:Administrators'_noticeboard/User_problems#User:Ottava_Rima as a partial response to this.--Prosfilaes (talk) 22:52, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Do not respond to me on my talk page because you do not like what I said in the deletion request. Discuss it there, where the interested parties can still argue with you.
- As far as I am concerned, my argument is sound. Expertise is irrelevant on Wikimedia. All that matters is whether or not you have a valid source backing your argument. From my reading up to that point, you did not. And if you are so sure I'm wrong, you can prove it there, rather than trying to get me to recant. I will not recant unless you provide a citation to the relevant case law by which you make your arguments. Trlkly (talk) 04:30, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Tamale Oaxaqueño thumb.png was uncategorized on 3 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:16, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Freudenberg IT logo.svg was uncategorized on 14 February 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:28, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
"DOCTYPE" can only be considered bad if you completely ignore SGML, which the codifiers of the SVG standard did not do, since they include a DTD definition of SVG in the very first appendix ("Appendix A") of the SVG standard. In any case, there are probably at least tens of thousands of SVG files on Commons with DOCTYPE declarations, and I don't know that I found your "cleanup" of File:Function x^2.svg to be overall too impressive... AnonMoos (talk) 04:29, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't do any actual "cleanup," I reduced filesize by eliminating a useless declaration. I don't plan on going through and fixing every image, but when I happen to encounter an image that has been repeatedly recreated to reduce filesize, I'm going to reduce it still if I can. If such editing is going to be done, it makes sense for the file to be as small as possible.
- Perhaps calling it invalid was too far. My point is that it's not required for validation anymore, and it's definitely not required for rendering. It's superfluous, and in an image that is trying to be as tiny as possible, it makes no sense to include it. There's a reason why it's in an appendix.
- And, frankly, your response to me comes off as a bit more insulting than I hope you intended. It seems rather snarky. I know there's no "CIVIL" policy here, but I do think it helps if we try to be friendly when responding to each other. If I'd responded as "I'm don't see why whether you find something 'impressive' is all that relevant," or "I don't find your 'reason' for using my talk page to be at all impressive," I'm pretty sure I'd have set you on edge, too. Trlkly (talk) 15:51, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:1921. AG 1922 - D. Francisco Portela Pérez 2.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:1921. AG 1922 - D. Francisco Portela Pérez 2.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
- I don't care all that much about this file, but I would point out that the age of the file (based on the age of the subject) makes finding a source a much lower priority. And I have not been able to successfully find this file elsewhere online. Trlkly (talk) 18:48, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Could you make diagonal strips in this map File:Townsips map guizhou.PNG as File:Ethnic minorities areas in Guizhou.png for county and prefecture? With Equal width of strips--Kaiyr (talk) 06:36, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
- I'm not the best at actually making graphics. I just clean them up. Plus my Internet connection has been really screwy lately. I'd suggest asking here: en:Wikipedia:Graphics Lab/Map workshop. They've helped me out plenty of times. Trlkly (talk) 07:16, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
|File:Kigali Departure Hall.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Vitthal Patil - Choreographer - Actor - Director.jpeg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
- The image was marked on the English Wikipedia as being ready for Commons transfer "by a human." Unfortunately, the person who made the tag (en:User:Sfan00 IMG) is on a Wikibreak, so I'm not sure he'll respond why he said it was okay. As the page says it is an "auto reviewer," I will be sure to question any affirmations from this user in the future. I was wary myself, but I trusted the process to work. Trlkly (talk) 15:25, 26 August 2014 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Earth 2015 - die Organisatoren sagen Danke
am 31. Mai 2015 endete der Fotowettbewerb Wiki Loves Earth, an dem Du mit Deinen Bildern teilgenommen hast. Dafür möchten wir Dir herzlich danken.
Dieses Jahr haben sich 26 Länder am Wettbewerb beteiligt, insgesamt wurden dabei 108.444 Bilder hochgeladen. Aus Deutschland kamen 14.115 Fotos, was einem Anteil von 13 % entspricht. Sehr erfreulich ist die hohe Zahl von 1000 Teilnehmern allein beim deutschen Wettbewerb. Einen Überblick findest du auf unserer Ergebnisseite.
Die deutsche Jury hat Ende Juni auf einer Sitzung in Fulda die Top100 und die Preisträger ausgewählt. Eine Entscheidung der internationalen Jury wird noch im Juli erwartet.
Ein anderer Fotowettbewerb steht bereits vor der Tür. Im September findet zum fünften Mal der Wettbewerb Wiki Loves Monuments statt, bei dem Kultur- und Baudenkmäler bebildert werden sollen. Mit dem Fotografieren dafür kann jetzt schon begonnen werden. Vielleicht möchtest Du Dich sogar an der Organisation dieses Wettbewerbs oder von Wiki Loves Earth 2016 beteiligen?
Wir würden uns über weitere Beiträge von Dir freuen.
Viel Spaß dabei wünscht das Orga-Team.
Der WLM-Countdown hat begonnen
nun ist es wieder soweit. Vom 1. bis zum 30. September findet zum fünften Mal der internationale Wettbewerb Wiki Loves Monuments statt. Im Mittelpunkt steht bekanntlich das Fotografieren von Kulturdenkmalen. Du hast an einem der letzten Fotowettbewerbe teilgenommen und wir freuen uns auf weitere Bildbeiträge von Dir.
Viele interessante Motive, nicht nur Burgen und Schlösser, sondern auch Fachwerkhäuser, Brücken und Brunnen, technische und Industriedenkmale und vieles mehr gibt es noch zu fotografieren, damit sie in der Wikipedia dokumentiert werden können. Nützliche Tipps findest du auf unserer WLM-Projektseite. Du kannst gerne individuell Fototouren durchführen oder aber Dich auch Gruppentouren anschließen. Besonders freuen wir uns auf Fotos, die Lücken in den Denkmallisten der Wikipedia ausfüllen.
Darüber hinaus kannst Du auch an der Arbeit der Jury teilnehmen, die Mitte Oktober die Fotos bewerten und die Gewinner ermitteln wird. Bis zum 15. August kannst du hier Deine Bewerbung einreichen.
Viel Erfolg und Spaß beim größten Fotowettbewerb der Wiki(m/p)edia in den bevorstehenden Wettbewerbswochen wünscht Dir das Orga-Team. Wir freuen uns auf Deine Fotos.
( Bernd Gross, 6. August 2015)
Music intervals frequency ratio equal tempered pythagorean comparison
I don't know if you have noticed the discussion of File:Music intervals frequency ratio equal tempered pythagorean comparison.svg, the last version of which was created by you, at Wikipedia:Talk:Cent (music)#Please check the Music_intervals_frequency_ratio_equal_tempered_pythagorean_comparison file, but it has been pointed out that the Pythagorean scale chosen is a very odd or rare version. I have created File:Music intervals frequency ratio equal tempered pythagorean comparison on C.png as a correction (you may compare the tables I created in both files descriptions). However, I feel that your file was superior in many ways, and that a recreation of your file using a more common Pythagorean tuning, such as found in my file, may look better. Thanks. Hyacinth (talk) 12:21, 16 February 2016 (UTC) Also, note that my file uses thirteen Pythagorean pitches, the tritones at each end of the tuning (a W:Pythagorean comma apart), since the tonic is in the middle of the sequence of perfect fifths rather than at the beginning. Hyacinth (talk) 12:26, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
- I can look into it and see what I can do, but, as you'll notice in my upload comment, all I did was clean up the file that already existed. I don't even know what software they used to create the original. My image contributions are almost always in the form of cleanup. Trlkly (talk) 12:33, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Earth 2016
Du erhältst diese Nachricht als Teilnehmer von Wiki Loves Earth 2014 oder 2015. Dieses Jahr wird sich Deutschland wieder am Fotowettbewerb Wiki Loves Earth beteiligen. Wir würden uns über weitere Bilder von Dir freuen. Der Zeitraum für das Hochladen der Naturbilder ist vom 1. bis 31. Mai 2016.
Für die Weitergabe an den internationalen Wettbewerb ist ab diesem Jahr eine Mindestauflösung von 2 Megapixeln erforderlich. Bitte gib an, in welchem Schutzgebiet oder an welchem Schutzobjekt (z.B. Naturdenkmal, Geotop) die Fotos gemacht wurden. Wenn Bilder gar nicht zugeordnet werden können, gelangen sie nicht in die Wertung. In die Bilder eingefügte Zusätze wie der Name des Fotografen, Datum, Beschreibung oder ein Rahmen sind unerwünscht.
Dieses Jahr wird eine Vorjury die Vorauswahl der Bilder nach den Wettbewerbsregeln übernehmen. Als Teilnehmer aus den Vorjahren kannst Du Dich daran beteiligen. Bei Interesse bitte unter WLE-Vorjury eintragen, ein Zugangscode kommt per E-Mail.
Viel Spaß und Erfolg wünscht im Namen des Organisationsteams,
Small error in fixing diagram
On 20 April 2014 you modified a figure I had made File:Diagram Damage to Cancer Wiki 300dpi.svg (RSVG bug). I appreciate that you improved its visibility on more platforms. However, I note that you left out the arrow between the box with "epigenetic alterations of DNA repair enzymes" to the box "DNA repair deficency". (I was a beginner on Wikipedia and did not know how to use a talk page at that time, so I have not contacted you until now.) Could you please put that arrow back in? Bernstein0275 (talk) 23:37, 28 November 2016 (UTC) Bernstein0275 (talk) 23:40, 28 November 2016 (UTC)