More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Sent you an email...
Hi Truthdowser...sent you a message through the email address you have listed...want to talk about using your images and how you want to be attributed. Thanks! Akradecki (talk) 22:22, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Kestrel top view by Truthdowser.svg was uncategorized on 25 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Iran RQ-170 photogrammetry.png was uncategorized on 12 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:34, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
|File:Iran RQ-170 photogrammetry.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
File:GAFB Christmas Tree Alert Apron.png
Would it be possible to add a KC-135 or two to that image to File:GAFB Christmas Tree Alert Apron.png? I noticed there's a tanker spot missing, so it might not be a bad idea to add it. Thanks a lot, and I look forward to your work! Kevin Rutherford (talk) 04:22, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
Your account will be renamed
23:30, 17 March 2015 (UTC)