More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Akazome Emon 1811.jpg was uncategorized on 6 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:36, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
Hi Truthkeeper88, you have uploaded a new version of File:Deutsches Wörterbuch Grimm - Titel Band 1.png with the comment "Higher resolution". But this is wrong. My scan has a resolution of 2000 × 2.970, your scan 370 × 526 pixel only. So I have reverted your upload. Please check. Maybe it would be wise to upload your version under another name due to the different colors. Raymond 21:45, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, I didn't know what to put, but the new image was much clearer on the page - which now can't be seen. I'll upload as a different name. Truthkeeper88 (talk) 22:07, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks :-) Raymond 09:52, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
Hi Truthkeeper88. I've added the autopatrol right to your account. INeverCry 21:19, 27 October 2012 (UTC)