User talk:Turnvater Jahn
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Turnvater Jahn!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Scribus guides.PNG is uncategorized since 4 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:23, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:WikiFrequency-1-1.svg is uncategorized since 13 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 06:19, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Wikiversity Flyer de Kurs Scribus Hintergrund 1 Seite 1.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Wikiversity Flyer de Kurs Scribus Hintergrund 1.pdf was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Symbol Hydrophyt.svg was uncategorized on 17 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:47, 18 September 2011 (UTC)