A barnstar for you!
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|Very good photos. I am showing your appreciation on uploading. Mohamed Aden Ighe (talk) 15:09, 1 October 2011 (UTC)|
Re Edinburgh Buses
Thanks for your message. The file with the ZDFSC name is obviously an error on my part. I have the photographs (somewhere, it will need some searching) without blurring, and yes I do have other pictures of Lothian buses (some not so good...) again it would take some searching.
Re Edinburgh Park & Ride etc
Thanks for your message. You're right - car parks aren't really my thing. I think they need to be photographed from above to be interesting. I tend to concentrate on subjects with historical connections. May I suggest you draw up a list of what's lacking at present and email me that via geograph? I'd be happy to take a photo when passing a location. though I couldn't promise you how quickly I'd get done. Kim Traynor (talk) 13:32, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for that additional info on Seafield. I don't know the lie of the land too well down there, so don't know if I could successfully identify the building. Kim Traynor (talk) 20:23, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
- File:Edinburgh (6013693251).jpg
- File:Edinburgh (6013693589).jpg
- File:Edinburgh (6014241024).jpg
- File:Edinburgh (6014241176).jpg
- File:Edinburgh (6014241498).jpg
- File:Potterrow street art (6063730376).jpg
- File:Potterrow street art (6063731468).jpg
- File:Potterrow street art (6063732652).jpg
- File:Potterrow street art (6063733768).jpg
Hi Ultra7, Could I ask why are the "Pointer buses" going to Category:Pointer buses in the United Kingdom when we have "Category:Plaxton Pointer (low floor Mk1) on Dennis Dart buses in the United Kingdom" and "Category:Plaxton Pointer (low floor Mk2) on Dennis Dart buses in the United Kingdom" ?,
Shouldn't they be added in to the correct categories instead of being in one huge category?
Cheers, –Davey2010 • (talk) 02:38, 3 July 2015 (UTC)
- It's an interim category for identifying Pointers, as opposed to other buses. I guess you can consider it half way between a maintenance category and a true category. You'll find others like it too, for other cases where it's easy to identify the bus to a specific group of designs (e.g. Enviro400), but it takes more time to identify which category it should finally end up in. Of course these should all eventually be sorted into the more specific categories as and when someone finds the time to do it. If you do want to do this sort of sorting work, I'd be careful before assuming one lot of images in one of these categories can simply be copied to another - in this case for example, the Mk1 was also built on Volvos, but it appears that the categories for those have yet to be created. Mk2s though, yes, as far as I know if you can identify them in the Pointer category, they can be moved to the Mk2/Dart/UK cat. Note there's also a Pointer step entrance cat, so similarly that needs going through to identify the Darts from the Volvos and put each in their step cat. Ultra7 (talk) 13:02, 3 July 2015 (UTC)