More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Miller Atlas - Page de titre avec les armes de Catherine de Médicis.jpg was uncategorized on 17 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:27, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:MillerAtlas - Feuille 1 r° Hémisphère portugais.jpg was uncategorized on 17 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:27, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
16th century Portuguese Spanish trade routes
Hello I've made some suggestions for the map you made about 16th century Spanish and Portuguese trade routes, you can check them out here. I hope you'll find them useful. Greetings, --Victor12fromWikipedia (talk) 14:29, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
a question about the map
Hi! I am a Master student of Uppsala University in Sweden and I am writing a paper on Portuguese identity. I found the map with Portuguese discoveries on wikipedia and you showed up as the creator of the image. Let me ask, did you create the map on your own? I would like to use it in my presentation, so I would need to provide the sources. Thanks!
- Hi! Glad to ear that the map is helpful. I've compiled it by plotting the chronology of the Portuguese discoveries on a world map. My main source - one I found the most complete and helpful was Diffie, Bailey (1977). Foundations of the Portuguese Empire, 1415–1580. University of Minnesota Press. ISBN 0-8166-0782-6. For the territorial empire display I've used wikipedia's maps, and corrected it upon comments of fellow wikipedians (you can see the discussion here http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File_talk:Descobrimentos_e_explora%C3%A7%C3%B5es_portuguesesV2.png. Sorry for the late answer. Hope it can help. You can also see the chronology compiled and sourced here: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronologia_dos_descobrimentos_portugueses.--Uxbona (talk) 23:49, 29 June 2012 (UTC)