- 1 Uploading Images
- 2 Image:Cájar coa.gif
- 3 Stop making unjustified speedy deletion requests
- 4 Blaversim biasing.
- 5 Please stop edit warring on the Valencia area
- 6 Blocked
- 7 Image:Chauchina coa.gif
- 8 File:LocationMonteluz.png
- 9 File source is not properly indicated: File:LocationGranada,_Spain.png
- 10 File:LocationLa Tahá.png
- 11 Tip: Categorizing images
We noticed recently that you have uploaded your own version of a number of images, over existing images. Then you've changed the page description to be "yours". Please do not do this. Unless you are making minor changes to an existing image (ex: color correction), please upload your images to a new location. Thank you for your understanding. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 07:57, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
(Traducción automática) Hemos observado recientemente que usted ha cargado su propia versión de una serie de imágenes, a lo largo de las imágenes. Entonces usted ha cambiado la descripción de páginas para ser "la suya". Por favor no hagan esto. A menos que esté haciendo cambios menores a una imagen existente (por ejemplo: la corrección de color), por favor, cargar sus imágenes a una nueva ubicación. Gracias por su comprensión. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 07:57, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, Your images were a better quality. While you may know the user, most of us don't know that. What I'm concerned with is the history of the file, and derivative works that may be used by other users. I would really appreciate it if you simply uploaded your (very good) images to a new location. Thank you. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 19:14, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- (traducción automática) Sí, Sus imágenes son una mejor calidad. Si bien usted puede conocer el usuario, la mayoría de nosotros no lo sabemos. Lo que a mi respecta es la historia del archivo, y las obras derivadas que puedan ser utilizados por otros usuarios. Yo realmente apreciaría si simplemente subido a su (muy bueno) las imágenes a una nueva ubicación. Gracias. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 19:14, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Cájar coa.gif has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Stop making unjustified speedy deletion requests
Commons prefers - as you were told each time your speedy deletion request was denied - svg-Files over png-Files. You trying to delete the svg-File is not only unjustified but totally against the goals of Commons. Please stop putting a speedy deletion request in the svg-File. If we would delete a file, then it would be the png-File, which is the unnecessary one. This is a final warning, if you put an unjustified speedy deletion request in this file once more, you will be blocked for some time to have enough time to read more about the goals and rules of Commons (for example about the missuse of deletion requests). -- Cecil (talk) 19:42, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Your contribution here is also showing your ideological biasing, like en:blaverism. I don't take care about your political views, but it's unrespectful from you not to keep awaiting my response about the changes you were going to do about redirections. Read Commons:Language policy first, mostly categories and articles about regions, cities and villages of all around the world should be in native language, so it's correct to name these in Catalan (or Valencian, whatever you want to name it) according to Valencian law about "predomini lingüístic legal". And, in latter, "Valencian" name of the language is also included in the "ca" ISO code, and there's no "vl" language code. Cheers. --Joanot Martorell ✉ 12:11, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
Please stop edit warring on the Valencia area
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images and other files on Commons must be under a free license and should be useful to the Wikimedia projects. To allow others to use your files, some additional information must be given on the description page. Most importantly:
- Describe what it is about in a short sentence. (What does the image show?)
- State the author and the date of creation. If you made it yourself, say so explicitly. If it is from another Wikimedia user, link to the person's local user page. Best to use CommonsHelper.
- If you did not create the file yourself, state the source you got it from.
- Add a copyright tag - images without an appropriate license tag will be deleted.
- Add the image to one or more gallery pages and/or appropriate categories, so it can be found by others. To find out where an image belongs, you can use CommonsSense.
If you copied the file from another wiki, please copy all information given there and say who uploaded it to that wiki. Use CommonsHelper.
You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file.
Please add as much information as possible. If there is not sufficient information, the file may have to be deleted. For more information, follow the Commons:First steps guide. If you need help or have questions, please ask at the Help desk.
File source is not properly indicated: File:LocationGranada,_Spain.png
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:LocationGranada,_Spain.png, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
|File:LocationLa Tahá.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.