You explained that such images are the metadata of the images that appear after it in the upload sequence. May you can explain what the metadata exactly is (the numbers or whatever) and if it's possible to supersede them by a template
thx --D-Kuru (talk) 12:34, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 04:56, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Wikimediapennsylvania-logo.svg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
I reuploaded File:PETScanner.jpg
Crimson Rosella image
Chapter logo for Wikimedia Cascadia?
Hi there. I see you uploaded the chapter logos for WM Pennsylvania. If you have the ability and time, would it be possible to upload logos (or other images such as banners, barnstars, etc.) for Wikimedia Cascadia? I am not familiar with how to create similar logos, so I made an appeal for assistance here. If you are not able to help, no worries, just had to ask! (I will likely ask several contributors for assistance, so it might be worth checking to see if someone else has already offered to help or has uploaded images -- thanks!) --Another Believer (talk) 22:23, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the response. I assume editing an existing editable image is quite simple, but to be honest I have no idea where to even begin doing something like that, hence my request (hoping I might find someone who is more familiar with such tasks). Yes, there is a group of individuals hoping to establish a regional chapter much like DC and NYC. You can learn more about the proposed organization here and here. Please feel free to contribute to the discussions. Thanks again! --Another Believer (talk) 00:21, 8 December 2012 (UTC)