More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 06:27, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Bhuddabrot80x5000a.jpg is uncategorized since 5 August 2009.
- Image:Weiden-Seide Blüten Zoom.jpg was uncategorized on 27 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:38, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Gronovius Seide Gesamt.jpg was uncategorized on 27 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:38, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:OptischeTaeuschung.gif was uncategorized on 26 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 18:25, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Weihenstefan HormoneMilch2.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:Weihenstefan HormoneMilch2.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself. undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
File:Uganda Rail Network.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. blocked from editing.
File:Uganda Railway.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. blocked from editing.
- Potential MALICIOUS USER WARNING
- Hello there.
- I did a long Work marking the RAILWAY system of UGANDA. It cost me more than one week of my OWN WORK to set that image right. I am now LIVING IN KAMPALA and am married to my Uganda Wife. IFF You try to forbid someune USE of one's own country map and forbid Display of the most probblematic DEVELOPMENT Quest in UGanda - Uganda's Railway to Nairobi is DISABLED due to "pensionn funds" problems and not poerative, and currently, not the railway but just the HEadquarters is right on Bidding for rennovationn, with discussion on complete shutdown, then I would ask YOU, to be CHECKED IFFF YOU would be subjected to deletion. I herewith ask YOUR Account, also from other users here in wikipedia on MALICIOUS FILE DELETION, to bbe voted.
- If you want Wikipedia to be WRACKED, then just DELETE #WIKIPEDIA itself.
- WOULD YO PLEASE TAKE ACTION TO' RESTORE FILE?
- THE OWNER WHO SPENT A LOT OF WORK IN CREATING IT.
- Ralph Haberkern, Ph.D.
- ASYLUM in UGANDA after Warshow Pakt ASSAULTS.
- Please respect my request to keep discussions where they started, as this makes conversations easier to follow. I am watching this page, so I will see responses made here. Also, please don't YELL.
- I did not delete the files. Only administrators can delete files. I merely brought this copyright violation to their attention and notified you of this. You can see who deleted the files in the deletion logs.